Chapter 28- It's A Little Funny

The sound of my alarm going off made Daryl and I both groan at the sound. With a sigh, I sat up, turning off the alarm as I changed my clothes. "I'm going to go check in with Rick, if you want, you can take some of those Walkers down while you wait."

Daryl shook his head, "I'm gonna make my morning rounds first."

"Okay," I said, leaning down and giving him a kiss. He took my hands, slowly watching them slip from his, making me laugh.

I tucked my knife in its holder and climbed down. I found Rick and Carl heading off to take a look at the pigs so I quick caught up. Michonne walked by on the horse.

"Morning," I said, walking with them.

"Morning," Everyone said to me.

"Any requests? Books? Comics? Some stale M&Ms?" Michonne asked with a smile.

Carl pointed at Michonne and me, "You two are the ones that like the stale M&Ms." We both laughed, as I turned and looked at her, "The usual stuff for me."

Michonne laughed, "So notebooks, pens, and watermelon sour patch kids." I gave her a thumbs up, making Rick laugh while Carl ran ahead.

"So, what's today's plan?" Rick asked me as we slowly walked over to the pigs.

"Well, we want to go back out and see if we can get anymore supplies. Maybe try and draw the Walkers away from the store again. Daryl's making his rounds right now. We'll figure out what part of the fence the Walkers are starting to gather the most at and start taking them down."

Rick nodded, smiling a little, "And you're not out there with him?"

"Believe it or not, Daryl and I don't do everything together," I said, leaning on the small fence that kept the pigs in. Carl looked at me, "Ah, yeah you do."

With a roll of my eyes I pushed myself off the fence and turned to walk away, "Whatever you say. And put your hat back on, I miss it," I yelled back to Carl before heading to the prison.

Suddenly the sound of gunfire went off, causing me to stop and look around. "Help, help, somebody help!" Two little girls yelled, running out of the prison.

"Rick!" I yelled, running towards the prison and meeting up with Glenn, Tyreese, Sasha, and Daryl. Daryl threw me my gun, while Glenn yelled to Rick and I, "Walkers in D!"

"What about C?" I asked them. Sasha nodded, "Clear; we locked the gates to the tombs. Hershel's on guard."

I looked at Daryl confused as we ran, making him give me this look that didn't look good. We ran in, people running everywhere with just as many Walkers chasing them. Now I know why Daryl gave me that look.

The Walkers were us.

"Everybody outside!" I yelled, pulling out my knife and stabbing a Walker in the head. I kicked another one to the ground before killing that one too.

I helped Karen and a few others into one of the cells, closing it behind me just as a Walker appeared. Quickly, I hit it with my gun before going to stab it, only to have another fall on my back.

My knife dropped, freeing my hands. One had pushed the Walker that was on the ground away from me while the other tried to keep the one on my back away. Suddenly the one on my back became limb, causing me to quickly grab my knife and stab the one on the floor.

Glenn ran out from behind me, killing the last Walker that was coming for us. "Are you bite?" Glenn asked, stopping in front of me as he helped me up. I shook my head to him, before checking all of the cells on the first floor.