Chapter 38- Hello or Goodbye?

I was afraid, afraid that every time I blinked Derek would be gone and all of this would prove to just be a dream. My heart wanted nothing more than to hug my brother, whisper in his ear how much I've missed him, and ask him a hundred and one questions.

But my brain told me to walk back, to come to realization that Derek being here meant that he was part of all of this. Part of Terminus.

My gut was right, this place was bad. But now I know why it wanted me to still come here.

"Drop your weapons! Now!" Gareth yelled to us, making me look up at him. My eyes returned to my brother, hurt in them as I took a couple of steps back. His eyes looked down in shame as I returned to my spot next to Daryl.

My eyes stayed on the ground or on Gareth, hatred in them. Hatred towards Gareth, towards my brother, towards this place.

I heard the sound of Daryl's crossbow being set on the ground, telling me to do the same with my gun. "Knives too!" Gareth yelled, making me glance at him to see his eyes on me.

Slowly I took my knife out of my pocket, clenching it tightly as my eyes moved to Derek. He nodded to me, telling me to listen to Gareth. There was no way in hell I was going to listen to Gareth, but something in me made my hand release and the knife bounce to the ground.

"Ringleader, go to your left," Gareth yelled, making us all look to Rick as if we knew he was the man Gareth was talking about. "The train car, go," Gareth continued, nodding to the container we had heard yelling from.

Rick looked over his one shoulder at Michonne and Carl before looking over his other shoulder at Daryl and me. Slowly, he walked over to the train cart as Gareth called out to him, "You do what we say, the boy goes with you. Anything else, he dies and you end up in there anyway."

Gareth looked towards us again, "Now the archer!" I looked to Daryl, seeing his eyes burning holes into the man on the roof before he looked at me. I nodded to him, telling him to go ahead.

Daryl started his walk, "Now the samurai." Michonne went next, clearly glaring at Gareth as she too walked to the cart.

"Derek, anything else?" Gareth called down to my brother, causing me to look at him. Derek stared at me for a moment before shouting up, "No, you're good." I gave my brother a confused look, causing Gareth to speak up, "Knife girl, your next."

Slowly I turned and walked over to the cart, my eyes staring at my group before me. "Stand at the door, ringleader, archer, samurai, knife girl in that order."

"My son," Rick yelled, causing Gareth to stare at Carl before letting him walk over as well. "Ringleader, open the door and go in, the rest, follow."

One by one we all walked in, my head turning to look back at my brother one last time before the door was slammed closed and darkness filled our eyes. The only light was the light that slipped through the cracks and lines of the cart

"Rick?" A voice said, making us all turn to find Glenn, Maggie, Sasha and a few other strangers. A smile spread on my face at the sight of the rest of our group.

"You're here," Rick said with a sigh of relief.

Daryl looked at the strangers behind them, quickly noticing that they weren't anyone we knew. Maggie must have seen the uneasy look on his face because she quickly said, "They're our friends. They helped save us."

I nodded, "Now they're friends of ours."

A man with short red hair and huge biceps spoke up, clearly not one to smile too much, "For however long that'll be."