Chapter 42- Wait, What!

When I was 16, I took drivers training and loved it. I aced the class and was ready for the test. Then, something snapped inside of me and driving terrified me. You couldn't get me behind the wheel until two years later.

After I ran away, the point of driving became miner compared to everything else. I learned how to drive and got my license, but I still hated cars.

Getting hit by one only grew my anger towards them.

My eyes slowly opened, blinded by the sunlight. It wasn't until I had finally opened them did I realize that it wasn't the sunlight blinding me, but a lamp near my bed.

Wait, bed?

Quickly I sat up, regretting it as I felt a sharp pain start on my left side and shoulder. My head bounded as I started to look around, wishing I would have just drifted back into a nice sleep.

I was in a hospital room, one lamp lighting the room while the noise from the monitors bounced off the walls.

My eyes looked down, noticing I was covered by a silk blanket. My clothes had been replaced with blue sweats and a blue baggy shirt.

Even though I knew I shouldn't, I slid off the bed to stand. My body ached and I wobbled a bit before gaining my balance. The cold tile told me I was bare foot, and the pieces of hair falling into my face had told me that my usual pony-tale had been taken out and left down.

I don't even remember what I looked like with my hair completely down. Daryl had his own imagination of what I'd look like with my hair down, but I never remembered.

Wait, Daryl!

He probable thinks I'm dead or locked up in some kind of cage near death.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. Daryl probable found his way back to the group and their probable on their way over here to save me.

Wait, I don't need to wait to be saved. I'm Starlet fucking Dixon, I'm a fighter and survivor.

The sound of the door opening made my attention turn from my own mind. Quickly, my hands balled into fists, ready to fight at any second. But they soon relaxed when Beth stood in my room.

"Beth," I said, my face finding a spot between relief and happy as I made my way over to her, wrapping her in my arms. "Starlet, your awake," Her happy voice said as she hugged me back.

When Beth pulled away her eyes looked me over, "You should be resting." Against my dismay, Beth made me sit back on the bed.

"What happened?" I asked Beth, shock and concern in my voice as I tried to recall what all had happened the night she disappeared and the search for the white cross car started.

"When I jumped out the window and started to run I came across a whole bunch of Walkers. I fell and hit my head on a rock trying to get away, the next thing I know I wake up here."

I put my hands on her arms, looking her over, "Are you okay? Did they do anything to you?"

Beth shook her head, "No, some of the people here are, nice. They helped me and they helped you. You're really lucky though, everything looks okay with you and the baby."

My hands dropped and I leaned back a little, looking at Beth with a confused and shocked look. "Baby?" I asked, making Beth's eyes go wide and a whispering voice say, "Oh no, you didn't know."

"Beth," I said, feeling my whole body tense at her words.

A sigh left her lips as she looked down at her hands before looking up at me. "You're pregnant."