Chapter 60- You're Gonna Ask Me For A Favor

Silence filled the inside of the truck, the only noise was the truck moving and light talking outside. It was so dark that I didn't even know where anyone was until I felt a hand grab mine next to me.

Daryl.

In hopes of clearing the air and finding out where Michonne and Glenn were, I said, "I'm sorry."

"Why didn't you tell us he was your dad?" Glenn asked, revealing he was right in front of me. Michonne must be next to him, in front of Daryl.

A sigh left my lips, "At first, I was hoping that it wasn't him. But after the Hilltop... I had no doubt in my mind that it was him. After that, I guess I was just hoping to keep it on the down low. Maybe kill him and never say a word. As far as anyone knew, he was dead. I wanted to keep it that way."

"Does Rick know?" Michonne asked, confirming my thoughts on her placement.

"No, no one does, did, except Daryl," I said, my eyes looking over to where Daryl sat, knowing he was doing the same thing to me. Silence filled the back of the truck again, making me squirm in my spot.

"I'm sorry, I was just scared," I said, my voice cracking slightly as I felt my stomach clench, holding back tears.

I suddenly felt Glenn's hand grab onto mine, "We won't let anything happen to you." Michonne's voice was heard next, "We promise."

A smile crept onto my lips as each of us squeezed each other's hands in hopes of comforting the moment. But when the back of the truck opened, and our hands dropped from each other's all hope left. Our hands covered our faces for a minute as light poured into the back.

One by one, we were grabbed and yanked from the truck, stumbling out before being pushed to the ground.

At least 50 people surrounded us, all standing next to cars that provided us light in the dark night. Woods surrounded them. It was only when I got a full look around did I find my group, my family sitting around, all of us creating a half circle while the RV stood in front of us.

First was Eugene, then Carl, Aaron, Sasha, Rick, Abraham, Rosita, Michonne, Daryl, me, then Glenn.

Rick's eyes met mine, fear in them as he look at me.

"All right! We got a full boat. Let's meet the man," A man said, knocking on the RV door before taking a few steps to the side, letting the door swing open. With only two steps, Negan was out of the RV and onto the dirt ground.

A huge smile spread on his lips as he looked at all of us, kneeling in front of him. "Pissing our pants yet? Boy, do I have a feeling we're getting close," He started, pacing slowly and speaking slowly was he walked around to get a good look at us. "Yep, it's gonna be pee-pee pants city here real soon. Which one of you pricks is the leader?"

The same man that opened the door for Negan pointed over to Rick, "It's this one. He's the guy."

Negan's eyes looked over to Rick, making his way over to him and kneeling down in front of him, similar to what he did to me. "Hi, you're Rick, right? Starlet told me a bit about ya, told me you were like her brother." A heart clenching laugh left his lips, making me stomach drop. "I'm sorry, I haven't introduced myself yet. My name's Negan, Starlet's father."

Everyone's eyes fell on me, a look of shock written on them all. My eyes met Rick's, his face showing so many emotions it was hard to settle on one. I had hoped Rick could see read the apologies through my eyes, yet it didn't seem like it.

Negan stood up, his voice showing us this was a game. "I do not appreciate you killing my men. Also, when I sent my people to kill your people for killing my people, you killed more of my people. Not cool. Not cool at all. You have no idea how not cool that shit is. But I think you're gonna be up to speed shortly. Yeah. You are so gonna regret crossing me in a few minutes. Yes, you are. You see, Rick, whatever you do, no matter what, you don't mess with the new world order. And the new world order is this, and it's really very simple. So, even if you're stupid, which you very may well be, you can understand it. You ready? Here goes."