Chapter 21- Why'd You Leave Me?

Glenn, Mystery women, and I all leaned on the car that was parked on the side of the road, waiting for the rest to return. My feet kept me pacing back and forth as my mind started to wander, irritating me as I thought of the millions of ways this could end.

Daryl could be dead for all I know.

I shook my head, clearing the thought from my brain. I couldn't think like that, not now, not ever.

Then my eyes spotted the group coming our way, my eyes immediately spotted Daryl. I couldn't help but run back into the woods, having Glenn and mystery women look at me confused.

Daryl stopped, as I ran into his arms, wrapping my own arms around him as he hugged me tightly. I quickly kissed him, pulling away, to see he had picked me up. "Don't you ever do that to me again."

"Well, well, well, who's this fine lady," A man, I presumed to me Merle, asked?

Daryl and I let go of each other just in time to see Glenn and mystery women pull out their weapons and aim them at Merle. Daryl quickly aimed his crossbow at Glenn and Mystery women, causing me to take a step back in shock.

Everyone was yelling at one another, anger running through their veins. "Man, look like you've gone native, brother," Merle said with a smirk, making chills go up and down my back.

"No more than you hanging out with that psycho back there," Daryl said angrily to Merle, lowering his weapon. "He is a charmer, I got to tell you that. Been putting the wood to that girl Andrea."

"What? Andrea's in Woodbury?" I asked, taking a step towards Merle in confusion. Daryl put his arm up, stopping me from getting any closer. Merle smirked, "Right next to the Governor."

Rick looked at mystery women, "Hey, do you know Andrea?"

Mystery women was silent, causing Merle to speak up, "Yep, she does. Her and blondie spent all winter cuddling up in the forest. My Nubian queen here had two pet walkers. No arms, cut off the jaws, kept them in chains. Kind of ironic now that I think about it."

"Shut up, bro," Daryl said, trying to silence his brother.

Merle put his hands up, "Hey, man, we snagged them out of the woods. Andrea was close to dying."

"Is that why she's with him?" Glenn asked, Maggie standing next to him.

"Yup, snug as two little bugs. So what you gonna do now, Sheriff? Surrounded by a bunch of liars, thugs, and cowards. All these guns and no bullets in them."

I cocked my gun, already hating this guy. Daryl looked at him angrily, "Merle, shut up!"

"Shut up yourself! Bunch of pussies you roll-" Merle was cut off by Rick hitting him over the head with his gun, knocking him out.

Rick mumbled under his breath, "Asshole," before leading the group back to the car.

"The Governor is probably on the way to the prison right now. Merle knows how he thinks and we could use the muscle," Daryl said to the group.

Rick shook his head, "I'm not having him at the prison." Glenn spoke up as well, "Do you really want him sleeping in the same cell block as Starlet or Beth?"

"He ain't a rapist," Daryl objected.

Glenn scuffed, "Well, his buddy is." This made my body start to shake at the thought, but I quickly managed to calm myself down.

"They ain't buddies no more," Daryl said, trying to convince the group that his brother was different.

Rick shook his head again, "There's no way Merle's gonna live there without putting everyone at each other's throats."