Chapter 55- Who Is Negan Too You?

Daryl

I stood at the window downstairs, near the door while Abraham sat in a chair near-by. Everyone was "washing up" upstairs while Maggie was inside talking with Gregory.

Star hated this guy, and at this point so did I.

Abraham broke the comfortable silence, talking about Rick and Michonne's morning act. "How long do you think Rick and Michonne been ugging bumplies?"

I shrugged, "I don't know." Abraham sighed, "You ever think about it? Starting a family again?"

A sigh left my lips as I stared out the window. I was silent for a minute before speaking up, "We are." My words surprised Abraham, causing him to stand up, "Wait, you and Starlet are trying it out again?"

I hummed in response, looking over at Abraham. To say I was nervous was an understatement, but I was more excited than anything else. I never told anyone how much I wanted a family, and honestly I didn't know how much I did until Starlet came around.

Now, that's all I want.

Everyone started to pile downstairs, waiting for Maggie to come out. Starlet stood next to me while Rick, Michonne, and Abraham grabbed a seat. Glenn waited nervously for his wife to come out.

When Maggie walked out and shook her head, we all sighed in annoyance and anger. Jesus quickly spoke up, seeing the irritation in all of our eyes. "We want to generate trade. Gregory does, but ammo isn't something we urgently need."

"Well, how's that?" Rick asked, looking up at Jesus. "The walls hold. We just brought in more medicine. Gregory wants the best deal possible."

I spoke up, taking a few steps towards him, "Yeah, well, we want things, too." My feet started to pace, a habit of mine I've never been able to break. Starlet watched Jesus, but her eyes would land on me every now and then, watching me closely like I always do to her.

"We need food. We came all this way, we're gonna get it," Rick said.

Jesus nodded, "I will talk to him and we will work this out. Circumstances change. We're doing well now, and you will next. I will make him understand that, can you just give me a few days?"

Everyone was silent, not knowing what to say. When Starlet spoke up, saying, "Yeah, we can," I knew we would get what we needed.

Suddenly, the office doors swung open again, revealing Gregory while the front door opened, revealing one of the gate men. "What's wrong?" Gregory asked, looking at the guard nervously.

"They're back," The man said before disappearing out the door and into the fresh air. Gregory followed with all of us hot on his tale. Two men and a woman were walking towards us, looking upset.

"Nathan, what happened to everybody else? Where's Tim and Marsha?" Gregory asked the front man. "They're dead," Nathan said, causing Gregory to look at them shocked.

"Negan?" He asked, causing them to nod. I felt Starlet's hand quickly grab mine, making me look down at our hands before looking at her. Her eyes were glued to the people in front of her but her mind was clearly out in left field. Her hands would have been shaking if one hadn't been holding mine.

I saw something in my wife that I've only seen since the name Negan popped up. She was terrified.

My mind went back to Gregory and the group talking, the women took a step towards Gregory, "They still have Craig." Nathan spoke up next, coming face to face with Gregory, "They said they'd keep him alive, return him to us, if I deliver a message to you."