Chapter 29- I Didn't Mean It

Rick, Daryl, Tyreese, and I all stood around the ashes of Karen and David. Tyreese was in tears as he looked down at the burnt figures that sat on the ground.

"You found them like this?" Rick asked Tyreese, making me cross my arms and glance at the ground.

Tyreese stood up and looked at us, "I came to see Karen, and I saw the blood on the floor." He pointed to the blood stains that started from the cells only to end at the ashes. "Then I smelled them," he said, looking at the ashes again.

"Somebody dragged them out here and set them on fire. They killed them and set them on fire! You're a cop. You find out who did this and you bring 'em to me. You understand? You bring 'em to me!" Tyreese said to Rick, getting angrier with every sentence.

Daryl tried to grab him to pull him back but Tyreese brushed him off, hatred in his eyes.

Rick put his hands up to try and calm Tyreese down. "We'll find out who, I promise. I know what you're feeling. I've been there. You saw me there. It's dangerous."

Tyreese shook his head, "Karen didn't deserve this. David didn't deserve it. Nobody does."

Daryl reached over and lightly grabbed Tyreese shoulder to try and calm him down but he flipped out. Suddenly Daryl was pinned to the wall, "Man, I ain't going nowhere till I find out who did this!"

Rick and I quickly took a step towards them to stop Tyreese but Daryl put his hands up to stop us.

This wasn't supposed to happen. I wanted to speak up but my voice got caught in my throat, my eyes focused on Daryl and Tyreese.

Daryl looked at Tyreese, lowering his hands as he said in a low voice, "We're on the same side, man."

"Hey, look, I know what you're going through. We've all lost someone. We know what you're going through right now, but you've got to calm down," Rick said slowly, just barley touching his shoulder.

Tyreese let go of Daryl and turned, pushing Rick back as he said, "You need to step the hell back!"

"Hey, hey, stop this," I said, stepping in between Rick and Tyreese, holding up my hands to both of them. My eyes looked at Tyreese, "Karen wouldn't want you being like this."

Suddenly, Tyreese pushed me aside, making me fall on my butt while he punched Rick.

"Hey, that's enough!" Daryl yelled to Tyreese as Rick stood up. The next thing I know, Tyreese and Rick were punching each other left and right.

I got on my feet and grabbed the back of Tyreese's shirt, "Stop it! It was me! It was me! I did it!" I yelled, causing Tyreese to stop and look at me.

The three men looked at me shocked.

I held my hands up to Tyreese, taking a step back. "It was me, I burnt Karen and David." Tyreese looked at me confused, "Why?"

My mind searched for the words, finally finding them hidden away. "I came to check on them, and when I found them David was already dead, and Karen was close to it. She asked me to kill her, she didn't want to turn. And I thought that maybe burning the bodies would stop all of this. I'm so sorry."

"You, you kill them, burnt them like they were s'mores!" Tyreese yelled at me, quickly walking towards me with anger in his eyes. I walked backwards, holding up my hands until I had back up to the wall.

Daryl and Rick quickly stepped in between us, stopping Tyreese steps but not his frustrated eyes. "Hey, just calm down. Let's take a walk," Rick said, causing Tyreese to glance at Rick before stomping off.