Chapter 68- Hiding From The Gender

The sun was high up in the sky the next day when Daryl and I had readied to go back to The Hilltop. A couple of people offered Daryl and me some bags, along with some food for the trip back. Of course, with us walking, we accepted it.

I grabbed my knife and stuffed it into its holder before making my way over to Richard who stood in front of somebody on a motorcycle with a crossbow sitting in front. As I got closer, I realized it was Daryl on the bike.

"You found a ride?" I asked with a smile as I approached him. "Yeah, and an old friend," Daryl said, holding up the crossbow before setting it back on the bike.

"Thanks for the supplies," I said to Richard as I sat on the bike, wrapping my arms around Daryl's stomach. I couldn't imagine doing this fully pregnant.

Nodding, Richard said, "Your welcome. I hope to see you both again."

Daryl nodded and hummed in response before starting up the bike and driving off through the open gates. Feeling the air on my body as we drove quickly down the road was nice, yet I could tell my stomach was ready to toss up the little breakfast I had this morning every time we made a sharp turn or went over a bump.

This pregnancy was different then my last one. Sure I was hungry and tired a lot, but it was more tolerable, and this one didn't involve me throwing up every morning. Just on certain occasions.

As we made a sharp turn, I found myself gripping Daryl's shirt as I clenched my teeth in hopes of not throwing up all over Daryl.

I focused my eyes on the trees that zoomed by, watching as even some held old objects or clothing and one even held a half hanging Walker. My head turned back and watched the Walker reach out with a snarl.

To my surprise, we only saw two other Walkers before we hit the familiar gates of The Hilltop. Sasha and Maggie greeted us at the door with Enid right behind them. I climbed off, grabbing mine and Daryl's bag of supplies while Daryl went to park the bike in the back.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Maggie asked while we made our way towards the trailers.

"Alright, but something tells me I won't be riding Daryl's bike too much. That sucker makes me feel like crap," I said as Maggie opened up one of the trailers.

"Well, Rick and Carl came by and dropped off some of yours and Daryl's supplies, thought you might want them when we head out." Sure enough, as we walked into the trailer, I noticed my bag and Daryl's angle winged vest. My gun was still with Negan which was annoying but as long as I had my knife, that's all I cared about.

A sigh left my lips as I sat down our bags before sitting at the small table that sat in the middle of the room.

"Have you gotten the baby looked at recently?" Maggie asked, sitting in the seat in front of me.

I shook my head lightly, "No, I haven't had time or haven't had a doctor around." My eyes closed as I leaned my head back and put my feet up on the table. I was so over all of this and was ready to just go back to Alexandria and be safe for once.

"Come on, you should get the baby looked at before you do anything else."

Nodding, I sighed before kicking my feet off the table and standing up. I followed Maggie to the doctor trailer, happy to see Harlan again. The usual check-up was easy and getting a clean bill of health made everything even better.

"Would you like to know the sex of the baby?" Harlan asked as I slipped my jean jacket back on. I stopped my movements, glancing over at Maggie before looking at Doctor Harlan again. "I can know?" I ask, surprised.