Chapter 70- Together

My body was sitting on the bathroom floor, my mind was racing, freaking me and my emotions out, causing what I can only describe as a panic attack. Maybe it was the stress or the fear that I might lose the baby, but whatever it was, caused me to bring my legs up to my chest, close my eyes, and cry.

"Please, please, not now," I begged as tears started to fall from my cheeks. I tried to focus on something, anything that could calm me down but my mind wouldn't stop racing long enough for me to focus.

Then, I felt a hand on my shoulder. The feeling of the hand somehow made my brain focus and my crying stop. I looked up, meeting a pair of eyes that I recognized yet couldn't believe I was seeing.

"Hey," The man said, smiling at me as his hand laid on my shoulder. "It'll be okay, you're a fighter, and you'll get through this. And when it's over, you can sleep good at night knowing your safe. Because you will be."

In a blink, the man was gone and my body felt fresh again.

A smile crept up to my face as I nodded, "Thanks Glenn."

I shot out of bed, my head looking around in a frantic only to come to the realization that, that was a dream. I placed my hands on the bed, looking over to find the spot next to me was empty.

I had asked Daryl to wake me up when he did, to get started, but clearly he didn't.

A sigh left my lips as I got up, stretched and walked into the bathroom. My stomach was big, really revealing that I was pregnant now. Even if I wanted to hide it, there was no way I could.

I took a shower in hopes of it relaxing my body but nothing could relax me today. Between trying to think of a way to get to Negan, preparing for the war, worrying about the war, and fearing for my friends and families lives, I was a stressed out mommy.

My body climbed out of the shower, getting dressed in a purple shirt, jean jacket, jeans, and my black boots. I trimmed up my hair again since it had grown out more, wanting to keep it short.

I sat the scissors down, looking at myself in the mirror as I recalled Glenn's words. Somehow, his words reminded me of when I had a panic attack the last time I was pregnant and he was there to help me through it.

It's crazy how just a few, simple words can change your whole attitude. Anyone could have said it to me in that dream, yet, coming from Glenn, the words worked on me.

I no longer felt scared or stressed, if anything, I was ready to run out and kick some ass. Taking a deep breath, I turned and walked back into my bedroom, my eyes lighting up at the sight of my gun, my gun.

My fingers grabbed it, looking it over to find it full of ammo and ready to be fired. This gun has been my gun for years. Everyone has guns, but if you can say that you've had the same gun since the beginning, then it's your gun.

My eyes looked into the mirror in front of me. My jean jacket was the first thing I spotted, the holes and warn out parts of it had never become clearer than just now. Somehow, this reminded me of a memory back at the farm. When I would wear the thing to bed just so no one could see the scars on my back, only to reveal them to Daryl.

Daryl sat up, his thumb lightly touching the butterfly, his eyes following the pattern. The feeling of his thumb on my arm brought chills up my back in the nicest way possible.

His eyes seemed to stray their way to my back. "Turn around," Daryl said, so quiet I was surprised I heard him.

Before, I never would have shown him my back fully, but now that he knows about it, there's nothing else to hide. Minus how I got all the scars.