The Talk

I drove to the lookout point and saw Scott laying on the ground.

"Hey," I say gently.

Scott jumps to his feet. "I'm gonna get straight to the point."

"Scott," I start but he puts his hand up in a stop gesture.

"No, Allison, I have to do this." He takes my hands gently. "I'm sorry. I was a total jerk. I reacted terribly to the Isaac thing and I shouldn't have made such a big deal out of it. I'm just jealous. You two shared that special moment and I had wanted to be the one to share that with you. I thought I was completely over it but I'm not and it still hurts. I shouldn't take it out on you though. I'm so sorry."

I shake my head and hug him. "No, you have every right to be mad. I'm sorry. You're the only guy I love and I shouldn't make you feel like you're competing for my heart because you already have it. You've had it since the seventh grade. Scott, you're not gonna lose me."

Scott kisses the side of my head.

"Did you walk here?"

Scott chuckles. "I ran actually. I needed to be alone. I've been here since I texted you. I always think best when I'm here."

"Let me drive you home."

"Um, sure."

I pulled into the driveway. He gets out and stands by the passenger door for a couple of seconds. He bends down to the window and I roll it down.

"Aren't you gonna come in?"

"Not tonight. I think we need to rest without worry. How about you stop by tomorrow morning?"

"Yeah, sure. Goodnight."

"Goodnight. I love you."

"I love you too."

/

The next morning, Scott called me.

"Hey," I mutter sleepily as I force myself to wake up enough to answer the phone. "When you coming over?"

"I'm sorry to wake you, but I can't come today. How about I see you Monday at school?"

"Um, yeah, sure. I love you."

"I love you too. Go back to sleep."

I curled back into bed and drifted off into sleep once again.

/

At nine, I forced myself out of bed and start the trek downstairs toward the kitchen.

"Baby, its ok." Stiles says. "He's ok. He's gonna be ok."

Lydia's voice says "You didn't see him. Stiles, I came back from our date and I found him on the floor in between our rooms. He was on his stomach, phone out of reach, and unmoving. It was like my nightmares. I called 911 and the ambulance was on its way. I was so scared to check him for a pulse because I knew I wouldn't be able to keep myself together if I couldn't find one. I started to cry when he had a strong pulse. I thought it was his heart but I was so relieved when it turned out he was just dehydrated from all his exercising. I'm still so terrified about losing him."

"Do you need me to come to the hospital? I'll keep you company for as long as he's there."

"No, Cora's here. Mom called her to cancel Scott's run with her and she came over with breakfast and coffee for all of us. Except Scott. She only brought him breakfast."

"Should I tell Allison when she wakes up?"

"No, Scott called her to cancel their plans. He doesn't want to worry her. We've got everything covered. He's gonna be released later today and we're keeping him in bed tomorrow. He'll be in school on Monday."

"Ok, I won't tell Allison. I'll bring you lunch though. What would you like?"

"I'm not hungry. I might stop by later so you can hold me."

"My arms will be wide open."

I raced upstairs and changed quickly before rushing to my car and driving to the hospital. Melissa saw me and gestured me to the room she had just exited. I went in and Scott had an IV and was eating pudding.

"Ally, what, what are you doing here?"

I walk over to him and kiss him passionately. The heart rate monitor went up but calmed down a couple of minutes after we had separated.

"You can't just expect me to sit back while you lay here. I'm your girlfriend and as your girlfriend, it is my job to make sure you are happy and healthy."

"I'm sorry. I just didn't want to worry you over something as little as dehydration."

"Dehydration is not little. Thank god Lydia found you otherwise who knows when you would've been found. You have to stop thinking you're an inconvenience."

"You all shouldn't worry about me. I'm a big boy, I can take care of myself. I need to protect you guys."

I sit beside him and kiss his neck. "I know. You do a great job of keeping us safe but it's our turn to keep you safe. Just rest. I'll come over tomorrow and we'll watch a movie and cuddle. How does that sound?"

"That sounds like a perfect way to spend a Sunday."

Cora walks in when Scott fell asleep. "I'm so glad you're here. I've gotta go with my parents. Keep me updated on how he's doing?"

"Sure thing." She goes to leave. "Cora, wait." She turns back to me. "I don't want you spending as much time with Scott. I know I said I was fine with your history with him but I just can't help but feel a little jealous."

Cora puts her hands up. "No worries. I can totally back off. I'll see him at school and meetings regarding lacrosse. No more runs together or anything? That work?"

"Yeah. Thanks."

"I'm not here to ruin your relationship with Scott. I'm here to be Scott's friend, not stealing him from you. I happen to like you two together and I like having you as a friend. I'm not a threat to your relationship. Let's face it, I'm no match for you in his eyes."

I smile down at him. "I love him so much."

"And he loves you. I'll see you at school Allison. Enjoy cuddling your boyfriend."

"I will. Thanks Cora."