The Beauty of Alone Time

Scott was still sleeping, the jet lag effecting him more than me. Here I was trying to read a book while Scott lay a few centimeters away on his stomach so that I saw his muscular back. That is why I was trying to read but now I'm just staring at the handsome and amazing guy I call my boyfriend.

"Scott," I say gently into the ear closest to me. "Scott I'm bored."

He didn't move. I leaned down to his shoulder and placed a gentle kiss there. "Scott, wake up."

Nothing. He just kept sleeping. I lay on top of his back and wrap my arms around him as best as I could.

"Scott," I say gently into his ear. "Scott wake up."

Scott groaned and burrowed further into the pillow. I lightly bit the edge of his ear. Scott groaned and lifts his head.

"I'm up. I'm up."

I kiss his cheek. "Finally."

"You're so lucky that I love you."

I kiss his shoulder. "I know. Let's go out for breakfast. There's this amazing cafe that I love. They have the best breakfast."

"Better than mine?"

I nod. "Totally better than yours."

He flips onto his back and traps me in his arms. He started to tickle me.

"Take it back. Take it back."

I tried to escape by worming my way out of his arms but all that did was make me topple over the side of the bed. Scott caught me but slide off as well so I ended up landing on top of him.

"You're beautiful," he says as he pushes a strand of hair behind my ear.

I kiss him sweetly and rub our noses together when I pull away.

"I love you," I say. "Your breakfast is better but only because it's from you and you love me."

"I do. Very much so."

"Marry me."

"What?"

"Marry me. Right here in France. We can go and get married today."

Scott kisses me. "I'd love to marry you, but Lydia would kill us both if we got married in France and without a proper reception. So I'll say yes to marrying you, just not today."

"How about tomorrow?"

He laughs gently. "Allison Argent, one day I'm going to propose and we'll have a small wedding with our family and friends. And until that day comes, I'm just going to keep planning how I exactly want to ask you. But when I do ask you, it won't be in France."

"Why not?"

"Because you met Isaac here and he's the only guy I've ever felt like I couldn't compete with. I want you all to myself Allison. I always have and I will for the rest of my life."

I kiss him. "I love you. I'm all yours."

My stomach growls and Scott laughs before placing a gentle kiss on my stomach. "Let's get you some breakfast."