Hide and Seek

Short Story #22 - Hide and Seek - Annabeth and Percy

__________________________

*Before The Lost Hero* *Before Percy goes missing* *After underwater kiss* *During the summer*

__________________________

It was a really hot day at Camp Half-Blood. Chiron decided to give everyone the day off, no training. Percy was overjoyed, of course. He could spend a whole day with his new girlfriend, Annabeth. Just saying her name made him smile.

"Seaweed Brain!" Annabeth called.

"Oh, hey Wise Girl. What's up?" Percy said.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing. What are we supposed to do all day? All I ever do is train, but now we don't have to..." Annabeth rants on, but pauses when she sees Percy's huge, mischievous grin.

"Why are you smiling like that?" she asks.

"I have an idea." he says, "Let's play hide and seek in the woods."

"That sounds so fun! Let me go tell the others." she says as she starts to walk away.

"NO!" Percy says as he grabs Annabeth's arm, "Ummm... I was thinking it could be just us." he says nervously.

"Oh." Annabeth says, "Okay, but can we go swimming with everyone else afterwords?"

"Sure!" Percy exclaimed. He was overjoyed that Annabeth agreed. He then sets the rules. "You hide while I count to 30! Go anywhere in camp."

"Okay. Close your eyes." Annabeth says. She kisses his nose.

"1...2...3..." he starts counting, "...29...30! Here I come!" Percy has been hiding around camp since he got here when he was eleven. He knows all the good hiding spots. Little does he know that
Annabeth has found a spot that Percy does not know about. Right behind the Big House there is a rock pile that is really fun to hide in. Annabeth has made herself a cave in there and it's spider proof, thanks to Athena.

It has been 10 minutes and Percy still has not found Annabeth. She is as happy as can be, but she does want to go swimming. She gets out of her rock pile and hurriedly climbs a tree as she sees Percy walking closer.

"Annabeth! Where are you?" he calls.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!" Annabeth yells a detached battle cry as she drops from the tree and rushes towards Percy. He instinctively draws Riptide.

"Hey! I found you!" Percy yells.

"Yeah... Yeah... Can we go swimming now?" Annabeth whines.

"Sure, My Lady," Percy says in a horrible British accent as he bows and extends his arm. Annabeth giggles as she takes his hand.

They walk to the beach, hand in hand.