Dinner And A Show

Short Story #45 - Dinner And A Show - Annabeth and Percy
__________________________
*After defeat of Gaea*
__________________________
"Percy, you're holding it wrong." Cali says, again. Cali, a child of Apollo, is trying to teach the Percy Jackson to play the bass clarinet. In exchange for music lessons, he is going to give her fitting lessons.
"UGH!" Percy whines, "Why can't I learn this?"
"You just need to hold it differently. Here." Cali says as she adjusts his hands. He tries again and a strangles note escapes the instrument. She claps her hands and squeals. This goes on for a few hours until Percy can finally play a song without messing up.
"You're a natural." Cali compliments as he walks out the door of the Apollo cabin with the instrument case in hand.
"Of course! I'm THE son of Poseidon, but you shall be better at sword-play than I am with music playing once you have gone through my training session." Percy grins widely.
"You bet! I'll beat you at your own game!" Cali yells back. She really is the annoying little sister.
- TIME SKIP 3 WEEKS -
"Wish me luck," Percy says as he walks out of the Apollo cabin in a tux.
"You'll be amazing and Annabeth won't know what hit her." Cali encourages.
He hurries over to the Athena cabin and meets Hazel outside. "Is she ready?" he asks.
"Yeah. And she is beautiful as ever." Hazel smiles.
"She is always beautiful to me, whether she is taking on a monster with mud and dirt all over her or in a dress dancing to the beat at a dance." he says, then blushes. He hands Hazel the instrument and she goes ahead to the destiantion to finish setting up with Cali.
He knocks on the door and Annabeth answers. She is breathtaking in a strapless knee-length silver satin dress that has rooshing around the bodess. It's a wonder that Percy doesn't stammer.
"Will you accompany me Ma'Lady?" he asks sweetly.
"Of course. How could I resist a guy like you in a tux?" Annabeth responds as she looks over Percy. The traditional black and white tux really emphasizes his brilliant green eyes and makes his hair stand out. She grabs his outstretched hand and let's him lead her toward Half-Blood Hill.
As they come over the hill, a white limo comes into view. "PERCY! You didn't?!?!" Annabeth squeals in delight.
"Of course I did." Percy kisses her cheeck. "This is our 4 year anniversary."
Annabeth just squeezes his hand as if to say, 'You know just how much I love you.'
They walk to the limo and Percy opens the door like a gentleman. The inside is beautiful. After 30 minutes of driving, the destination is even more awesome than the limo. They stepped out to look at a dinning table with a white cloth elegantly set for a romantic dinner with a single red rose and two silver candles. The table was about 20 feet from the edge of a grassy cliff that drops off to the ocean.
Percy smiles as he takes in the final product. Cali and Hazel really made his vision come true. He notices the bass clarinet already set up. The limo drives away and Percy brings Annabeth over and sits her down at a chair.
"Annabeth, I just want to let you know how much I love you. I know that I tell you all the time, but this time, I'm going to play it to you." He says as he sits on the chair and puts the bass clarinet into position. He begins to play.
As the notes cascade over Annabeth, she thinks of all the amazing memories they have had together. She is overcome with such a strong amount of love for the man playing her a song. Whow would have guessed? Percy Jackson can play an instruments.
Percy watches Annabeth's face as he plays the notes he has memorized. She seems lost in happy memories as her facial features stretch into a lopsided grin and her eyes twinkle. As he plays the last note and puts the bass clarinet down, she lanches herself at him and whispers, "I love you so much. Now let's eat. I'm hungry."
He chuckles as he sits down to join his beloved in an amazing dinner prepared by Juniper and Grover. They enjoy a night of laughter and remembrance as a normal couple in love.
__________________________
Authors Note:
Hello my Blue Cookies!
I have been very busy with work and soccer and school. It is a wonder that I am actually posting tonight...
I have posted a prologue to my first original story. Please check it out! it is called, "The One and Only's Not Mine". I will post the first chapter within the next week or so. Updates should be about every two weeks for it. This story has priority since it is my more developed story.
Stats for this story:
80,081 reads
1,458 votes
218 comments
THAT IS AMAZING! My family knows that I write on Wattpad (my dad follows me... weird right?) but that are all so impressed when I tell then that this has 80k reads. And honestly, I'm impressed! I never expected this to do so well.
I repeat from previous authors note, I WILL NOT BE POSTING ANY BLOOD OF OLYMPUS SPOILERS UNTIL MUCH LATER. All the stories I have planned (up to #60) will be based before BoO.
So... yeah.
I love you guys soooo much!
Peace out.
- Charolett