Grand Canyon

Short Story #67 - Grand Canyon - Piper and Jason - Pandaz1568

_________________________

*A few years after the war*

_________________________

Piper pointed to the sign as they passed by, "Look Jason! Grand Canyon National Park! We made it!"

Jason laughs, remembering the first time he saw that sign. It had been many years ago, and a very confusing time it was.

"I'm so happy that we are taking this trip for ourselves. After the war and basically being the ambassador between the camps, I'm wiped out," he confesses.

"I am glad too," Piper says, "I've been itching to get away for a relaxing week."

They pulled the car into their hotel parking lot. The place they were staying at was a plot of land with a bunch of cabins spread out into little villages. There is a main hotel in the very middle where food can be found.

After checking in, the couple makes their way to their individual cabin. Ironically, their cabin is named "Greek Cabin". They laugh at the coincidence.

While Jason unloads (he insisted in doing it himself), Piper walks out to the lookout point a few minutes away.

She can see everything from there. She can see where the school buses are parked. She can see the gift shop and the buildings. She can see the little bridge. She can see it all, and it hasn't changed much since the first time she was here.

So much has changed between the time she thought she had the boy of her dreams to now, where she can confidentially call the boy of her dream hers.

Piper takes a deep breath and sighs as she rests her arms on the railing. A pair of arms sneak around her waist. Her immediate reaction is to roundhouse kick whoever dares to touch her, that is until she feels the familiar hands rubbing soothing patterns on her skin.

"What were you thinking about?" Jason asks.

"I was just thinking about the last time we were here," she smiles, "and about how happy I am that I have you in my life."

Jason grins in return and pecks Piper's lips. "I'm happy to have you in my life too. And I will never let you go. No matter how far you fall, I will always be there to catch you."

Piper blushes in response. "Well, superman, I will be dragging you down with me on whatever adventures we go on."

"We are so cheesy," both of them exclaims at the same time. They burst into a fit of giggles. People walking by them are looking at them funny, but they don't care.

The world is safe. Their dreams are coming true. They have each other and that is never going to change.

Piper looks down at her engagement ring on her hand and smiles.

"You know, I was more nervous about you not liking the ring than I was about you saying yes," Jason confesses.

"Really? Why is that?" Piper asks.

"I'm not really sure," he chuckles, "I guess I felt like it had to live up to your mom's expectations. But, I knew that you were not the typical Aphrodite kid. You are more of a fighter and a doer, rather than a designer and a player."

"Thank you. It is good to know that you still see me the way I want to be seen," Piper smiles slightly, "And by the way, you are just as unique as I am."

"I love you," he mumbles as he leans in closer.

"I love you too," she murmurs against his lips as they connect with her own.

_________________________

Authors Note:

Happy Valentines Day! I hope you all have had all the chocolate you can possibly eat. I know I have. SINGLE LIFE!

It's been a long time since I've actually posted something on here that was a proper story.

I hope you guys like it. I'm almost done with this book. Got a few more installments and then I will be editing.

I think I may have another story out by 2017. I hope it's one of my originals.

I have also decided to not write the Percy Jackson AU that I was going to do. I'm just not as involved in the fandom as I used to be.

Have a lovely day!

I love you all soooo much!

Peace out.

- Charolett