Golf Course

Short Story #48 - Golf Course - Annabeth and Percy

__________________________

*High School*

*Dating*

__________________________

Annabeth giggles as Percy pulls her hand toward the gold course. Her yellow sun dress flows around her knees as her blue flats skid across the freshly mowed grass. Percy's smile makes the sunny day somehow even brighter.

Percy put down the basket and spreads out the classic red and white blanket. He sits down next to Annabeth and starts to lay out the food.

"So, what would you like today, my dear?" Percy asks

"Hhhhmmmm... Did you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?" she questions while tapping her finger on her chin adorably.

"Why yes I did." he says as he hands her the sandwich. When their hands touch, a magical water explosion occurs.

Literally. The sprinklers go off.

Annabeth squeals and Percy shrieks. They are getting soaked. Percy doesn't even bother to try to keep them dry and lets the fun sink in.

He gets up and pulls Annabeth with him. She can't help but giggle a girlish laugh that Percy loves so much.

"You are going to get sooooo WET!!!" Percy yells as he runs through the man-made rain. Annabeth can't stop laughing as she runs after her seventeen year old boyfriend pretending to be a plane. She follows suit and spreads her arms.

"You can't catch me!!" Percy taunts as he runs down a hill.

"Oh yeah?" Annabeth challenges.

"YEP! I'm so much faster than you Wise Girl," Percy confirms his funeral.

Annabeth doesn't respond as she puts all her strength into the sprint to Percy. And she gets there is no time at all. He only has a few seconds before he turns around and sees her right behind him, unable to stop.

They collide and fall to the sopping wet ground. Percy lands on the ground with Annabeth on top of him.

"Well, this is familiar..." Percy says as he remember the time Annabeth tripped and he caught her much like this.

She just blushes in response before getting up and smoothing out the front of her dress. She actually just smears a bunch of mud on it. Percy stands too. He grabs her by her waist and brings her close.

The shower of the sprinklers rains down on them like a gift from the heavens. Their breath mingles, their noses touch, and their eyes stare into each others. She links her arms together behind his neck and starts playing with a few strands of baby soft hair.

Percy keeps one hand on her hips and brings the other to the back of her head. He moves her forward an inch so that their lips connect at last. He doesn't realize it, but as they deepen the kiss and things get more heated, he dries them both off.

The quick shut off of the sprinkles and the sudden lack of water falling from the sky cause them both to pull away. They smile love sick smiles and walk hand in hand to their damp picnic site.

"Well, there goes the food." Percy says as he packs it all back up. Sadly, he cannot dry food off.

"That's okay. We will just have to come back another time," Annabeth compromises.

"Yeah. That sounds good," Percy agrees as he picks up the rest of their stuff. He grabs her hand and leads her back to the car that is parked in the parking lot.

__________________________

Auhtors Note:

Hello my Blue Cookies.
I am so sorry for not updating last weekend. I just had so much going on!
But, I don't have any sports conflicts until January!!! So updating should now be pretty regular for all stories. I'm actually a little bit ahead!
On another note... DOES ANYONE WATCH THE RED BAND SOCIETY???!!??! It's so amazing!
Stats:
99,488 Reads
1,161 Votes
258 Comments
YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!! ALMOST 100k READS!!
Yeah. And as usual...
I love you guys soooo much!
Peace out.
- Charolett