Chapter 34

*Nicolas*

A look alike wasn't going to make a difference to my aching heart. I craved her like a bee that craves flower.
Her touch, it was wrong.
At some point I was going to tell the sex worker, 'not like that' but at the same time she wasn't Emily.
The way she moved alone, it was wrong.
The way her hair sat back behind her ears, Emily always thought she had big ears, she never liked it like that.

I ran my fingers along her arm, trying to memorise her soft skin. Her lips, oh her lips. It was wrong. They weren't soft, they weren't satisfying.
That beauty spot that was just between her shoulder and elbow, wasn't there.

I felt myself inside of her, though frozen. She practically took charge. I was too busy trying to spot something, just something that would remind me of Emily.
Her naked, tanned body was against me. Her lips were around my neck as her body moved down onto my erection.

I wanted to lose myself, to think about something, anything. Though she was still there.
Haunting me.

I grabbed the side of her face and pulled her in, kissing her as she moved onto me.

Frowning, I slightly pushed her away.

She frowned back, only to notice me sitting up and shoving her away.

"Is everything alright?"

"No" I said, dressing. "This doesn't feel right"

"Did...I do something wrong?"

"No"

"Then-"

"Get out" I said, putting my shirt on.

"But-"

"Get out!" I groaned.

She grabbed her clothes and stormed out of the sex room.
I dressed up, running my hands through my hair.
Instantly, I ran my hand along the alcohol rack, picked up the chair and tossed it across the room, pulled the bedsheets off the bed, kicked the bed to an angle and yelled.

The security guard stormed in, scanning the messed room.
Without saying a word, he left.

What was I doing?
Who am I?

My phone rang. I pulled it out of my pocket, reading Josh. I tossed it onto the messed up bed and walked in repeated circles around the room.

Once.
Twice.
Three.
Four.

Then it stopped ringing.

So I thought sex would distract me, failing once again.

After several minutes of just circling the room numerous times, the door was kicked open.
"PICK UP YOUR FUCKING PHONE!" Josh yelled in anger.
I frowned scanning him. He was in his grey track pants and black singlet. Yet his singlet looked wet, as of his track pants had patches of red. Blood.

"What" I sighed.

"I said pull your fucking shit together and ignoring me isn't one of them!" he continued to yell. "Emily" his voice simmered "Needs you"

"Cool"

"She tried to take her life" Josh was quick to say.

My heart dropped. It did. Even though I'm trying so hard to 'pull my shit together' my body would shiver to her name and my heart would drop to her pain.

I left everything and ran.

**

"Where is she?!" I gasped at the front counter of the hospital.