Chapter 42

*Josh*

I stood at the top of the staircase and buckled my suit jacket as I watched familiar faces enter through the entrance door and hired waitress serve them drinks.

"What's the point of this again?" Nicolas asked, standing beside me.

"Something new" I said, smiling at him before making my way down.

Emily walked around with a floral dress, her baby bump hidden yet known.
Lana being the maid she is, made sure everything was perfect.

As I walked towards the entrance door, Ella appeared. She wrapped her arms around herself, hiding her face as she power walked past the guards.
My guards looked at me and I signalled that she was okay to come through.

Once Ella walked through the entrance door she looked up at me, trying to avoid the people around us.
"I don't know whether to scream and yell or feel bad"

"Why?"

"Why?" Ella chuckled in anger "Why"

I raised an eyebrow.

"You left me out in the cold to sleep on the streets"

"Why would you feel bad?"

"I..." she sighed "Someone took the purse"

I smirked.

"Why are you smirking?" she frowned.

"Was the purse expensive?"

"Yes" she whispered, guilty.

"Who paid for it?"

"You"

"Who worked for it?"

"You"

I sighed.

"What?"

"How do you feel?"

"Terrible" she gasped "I mean you bought it for me with your money. Hell, it was expensive!"

"Exactly" I looked down at her, fixing my suit "That will happen to me if people close to me keep secrets. Everything I worked for, gone like the blink of an eye. Like that purse"

Ella's jaw dropped "You planned that!"

"Everything arrived, they're in your room. Go get dressed"

"I can't believe-"

"Josh" a business man greeted.

"Samuel" I nodded. "Just a second" I grabbed Ella and leaned forward. "Red"

"Why-"

"How are you Samuel?" I ignored Ella and went back to the business man.

After an hour of greeting everyone and making sure everything was going as planned, Fernando and Greg stood away. Avoiding me. Fernando couldn't really look at me the same and Greg had something planned up his sleeves by the look of his eyes.

Everyone turned and cameras flashed, I turned to lay eyes with them and Ella stood at the top of the stairs.

In a red, a bright dress that was just above her knee. Fitted with red heels and a red scarf that wrapped around her shoulder. Her lips a bright red and her eyes winged like a rare moonlight cat. Her hair sat tightly in a bun.

Ella gulped, nervous as everyone stared.

I grabbed a cup of wine from then waitress that walked by and took numerous sips.

Ella made her way down and Nicolas appeared behind her. He wrapped his arm around her back and helped her make her way down.
Once Ella reached the ground, she took a deep breath, annoyed at the fact the media waited at the mansion gate but photographers found there way in.