Chapter:1

**********

Past

He doesn't know what he was getting into when his boring high school life takes a lift.

He sighed, blinking his eyes as his daydreaming came to an end. He got himself out of his bed and pushed to get ready for the first year of High school. He makes his way down the staircase to the dining hall.

"Young Master Coltrane" the maid bowed at him. He nodded his head and sat down on the chair. This was not a new thing for him even if he tried to stop them, they continued to treat him this way.

"What would you like for breakfast?" She asked.

"Corn flakes will be fine," he said after seeing the large breakfast decorated on the dining table. It's not like he was being a brat but this was getting out of his hand.

They serve him hurriedly while he eat slowly waiting to see if his father was home. It's not a new thing that he was alone. It became a habit for him to be lonely. After a while, he stood up grabbing his car keys, walked out of the house.

He opened the door of his car when his cell started ringing.

"Hello" he picked up.

"Can you pick me up?" The person on the other line asked.

"Where are you now?" He fastened his seat belt.

"Stratford gate" He replied.

"Wait, I am coming " He sighed, his face remained blank as he replied coldly.

The phone went dead. He went all the way to Stratford. Opening the door signalling the other person to come in.

"The first day of high school and it became such a pain in the ass" He quickly looked at the guy who was groaning and cursing.

"What happened?" He asked.

"My bike broke down" He raised his eyebrows at his answer.

"It could have been worse, you know?" He said.

"Tell me about it when you need to walk half the way" He rolled his eyes.

He parked the car at the parking lot. There are very few people around. It was a private prestigious high school, usually ordinary people cannot get in without being extraordinary. He looked at the man sitting beside him looking at the school, he was the epitome of extraordinary.

"Jeremy? Why did you choose this school?" He asked. Jeremy does not belong to one of those high-class socialites, his mother was a single mother. Getting into this school is quite difficult. But Jeremy ace it. He entered with top grades. He is a genius. The margin with which he topped will be a record in this school's history.

"I don't know" Jeremy's face became passive as he said those words.

"Is it because of me?" Coltrane does not want to say this but the only friend he actually had is Jeremy. Other than that everyone wanted something from him. He was tired of their fake plays.

"Don't get on your high horse?" Jeremy remarked sarcastically rolling his eyes. He tilts his head, smirking. Most people might think Jeremy was cold and unnerving but he knows that he cared. Though he have a bad habit of always saying whatever comes to this mind. Jeremy will be brutally honest but he cannot be honest with his emotions. It might because of his parenting. He tends to keep his emotions under wrap.