Chapter:23

Here you go dear readers another long chapter. This is for all those lovely readers who where asking me for a fast update..

*************

"All you need to do is tell me if you have any problem. I am always here to help you. So, stop worrying" Coltrane said putting his chin on her head. 

Cassandra froze and her heart skipped a beat. She pushed him away as fast as she could. He looked at her only to notice that her eyes were burning with anger.

"Is this fun for you?" She asked him with drops of tears from her eyes . 

Coltrane looked down, Why did he say that?  But the moment he remembered, he blurted out without thinking just like in the past.

What happened to their relation? Where are not they supposed to be best friends? He knows what exactly happened to their relationship.

It's been so long since he thought this way, since he thought about their friendship.

Cassandra just stood there frozen.

Coltrane stared off, was it because he felt as if he was going to lose her for good this time. Seeing her on the hospital bed so close to death made him realize something.

Something he forgot in the span of 5 years. More than anything was not she is his best friend before all the mess. But he doesn't know where to start or is there even a possibility to start. He shook his head thinking about the past will only bring unnecessary problems.

Cassandra looked down after hearing those words. The same words which make her fall in love with him. For the first time someone told her that she could rely on them. Someone other than her grandma cared about her.She doesn't need to fight alone. The reassuring words gave her courage at that time. Now felt nothing except a bittersweet memory. How naive she was! But now she felt hollow. Those words were hollow.

"Why are you out here with a backpack?" Coltrane asked her trying to distract himself. She blinked her eyes trying to come back to the present.

"I wanted to get some fresh air," Cassandra lied. It's  not like he will know.

"You are lying," Coltrane stated as a fact.

"I am not," Cassandra turned to him, staring at his grey eyes. Trying to prove herself, her eyes shine with something dangerous. 

"Yes you are" Coltrane nodded his head.

"If you don't have anywhere to go,Come with me" he said uncertainty was evident in his voice.

"No, I want to stay alone," Cassandra said coldly, her words making him uneasy. 

"Where are you going to stay then?" Coltrane asked her.

Cassandra looked away, the first thought was what he exactly wanted from her? Does he want her to be a replacement again?  Does he still want more,even though she has nothing to give. Or, does he want a show piece?

"Why?" Cassandra asked.

"Why what?" Coltrane blinked his eyes. Why? That's a question he wants to ask himself.