Chapter:44

I know that I took too much time to update but I was going through major crisis. So I am sorry.

And thank you very much for reading the not an update and commenting on that. I know that was frustrating especially if you are waiting for an update but only to get an author's note. So, sorry for that. It almost over 3.5k so enjoy if you can..

**********

After reading Cassandra's letter..

They stayed silent. After her words. Cassandra does not have any idea what was going through his head. Coltrane just looked down, not bothering to answer anything for a while.

"You want a divorce?" He asked coldly. She glared at him, not going to back down.

"Yes" He smirked. She felt something akin to a cold shiver run down her spine. Did her answer amused him in any way? This does not seem to be good. 

It's good as long as she behaves strongly Coltrane could push her through her limits without thinking what will hurt her all the time.

"You want to take Cameron with you?" Coltrane asked again, this time his voice sounded blank. She glared at him flinching a bit when he held her hand pulling her awfully closer. She struggled as he put his mouth near her ear.

"You can't," She shivered, pushing him away as fast as she could.

"Why?" Cassandra asked.

"Do you actually think that your medical condition will allow you to adopt a child?" He asked. 

Cassandra felt hurt; she knew Coltrane never sugarcoated the truth. She smiles and mocks herself. She knows she is not fit to be a mother but hearing it out loud hurt her more than she could imagine.

"And another thing Cassandra" Coltrane's voice sounds colder as he holds her even closer.

"There will be no divorce" She struggled and pushed him away. He let her. She glared at him.

"Just because I can't have Cameron's custody does not mean I cannot divorce you" She said. Coltrane shook his head.

"If you think about divorcing me then Today will be the last day you see Cameron" He stares at her as her expression changes from angry to vulnerable. Coltrane flinched holding on to his urge to hold her.

"Listen Cassandra I don't want to do this" he gulped down trying to explain.

"Then why are you doing this?" Cassandra yelled as a tear rolled down her cheeks.

"Why can't you let me be?" She asked, crunching down on her stomach.

"I can't," He said coldly, rubbing his head.

"You are the only thing keeping me sane. Don't you get it?" Coltrane said, grabbing her hand and pulling her closer. He breathed down her face.

"You are keeping me stable on the ground. So, don't even think about going away. I won't let you. Do you hear me I won't?" Cassandra struggled as his grip tightened.

"I don't care" Cassandra yelled back tears that flushed her eyes. Lie. That's a big fat lie but she won't let him control her not anymore. She has had enough of them for once she wanted to live for herself and be selfish. He will not stop her from doing that no one will.

"It does not matter. It does not matter whether you care or not" that hurt him when she looked at him straight in the eyes telling him that she does not care but he won't let her go not anymore not now not ever.

"You will stay with me. That's final" Coltrane dragged her towards his car. She struggled.

"Let me go, Coltrane," Cassandra yelled, trying to break away from his grip.