Chapter:40

Heya Guys. This is the first update of 2k20. It's almost over 4k so enjoy.

*********

The first thing Coltrane noticed after waking up was that Cassandra was not on the bed. He sits up and the blanket falls off.

"Cassandra??" He called, searching, slowly panic set in. He rushed out, calling Ben and asked him to search the house. They start looking for her. After searching the whole house the only place left was the terrace. He went to the terrace. She was there. He sighed in relief but it washed away as soon as he touched her.That's when he noticed those dried trails of tears.

"Cassandra?" He called her.

"Cassandra wake up" Coltrane shakes her. She did not react.

He picked her up rushing out as fast she could.

"Keys" Coltrane yelled at Ben who grabbed the keys. He went straight to the hospital.

"Doctor. Call for a doctor?" He yelled, keeping her closer to him trying to keep her warm.

They rush her inside a warm room. The doctor checked her pulse.

"She is fine, just a bit cold and dehydrated" Coltrane sighed in relief again as he was paranoid at a small change.

"She will wake up and you can take her home. Just make sure she is warm" He nodded his head. Sitting on the chair beside her bed, staring at her room.

"What were you doing there?" Coltrane whispered, kissing her forehead.

Cassandra woke after one hour just like the doctor said but something seems really off about her. The relief he was feeling washed away as anger took place. She slowly sat up and he helped.

"What were you doing on the terrace?" Coltrane glared at her. She just stared at nothing.

"Cassandra?" He called.

"I am asking you something" he calmly tried not to grab her shoulder, shaking her. She stayed silent. He rubbed his head trying to think this through.

"We are going home" Coltrane said after a while calling the nurse to remove her saline. He pulled her up by putting his hand around her knee and back.

After they reached home he went to his room. Making her sit on the bed, he covered her with a blanket. He sighed and sat beside her holding her hand rubbing it softly.

"I am locking the terrace if you don't say anything. Do you know how worried I was?" He asked again but she still kept her silence looking away.

Something makes him feel uneasy. He held her chin forcing her to look at him and she did not resist. A chill ran down even though she looked at him. Why does it feel like she is not?

"Look at me," Coltrane said painfully. Her face remained blank like she did not hear his words.

"Talk to me, Cassandra," he whispered, bending down so that their nose almost touched.

"Please?" He requested almost begging her but no words came out of her mouth, only a tear fell from her eye. He put his forehead against her.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Say something," he pleaded with her. He needs her to react.

"Don't you want a divorce?" He asked gulping down those words hurt him but if he could get any answer from her it was fine , not this cold blank silence. Cassandra looked away, it almost seems like she is tormenting herself.

"We need to talk about it" Nothing not a word. Not once she reacted when he kissed her a tear slid down his eyes. He hugged her tightly.

"Won't you talk to me? Would you talk to Austin?" He asked again. She remained silent staring at nothing.