Chapter:45

Hello dear readers here another chapter as I promised I updated at one day interval. I completed this month quote but I will still update the next chapter as soon as I can finish though it will take a little bit time. This chapter is above 3k, so enjoy.

*************

Cassandra stared at Jeremy wandering if he heard what she did.

"What did he just say?" She was too sure that she heard something wrong. No way Coltrane can do something like this. She shakes her head.

"Jeremy,Can you file for a divorce, I want to see what he can do, exactly?" She asked him coldly. 

Jeremy closed his eyes wondering how to start. He himself does know whether he should say no and try to explain this to her or let her do what she wants and see how bad this could get. But staring at her, he decided otherwise.

"Cassandra Can I ?" He hesitated a bit. This is something he himself can't do and suggesting it to someone else. Who the hell does he think he is ? He shook his head.

"Can you not do this?" Jeremy asked a bit awkward, he was wandering where to start from. Cassandra glared at him.

"Are you here to talk me out of it?' She snapped and her eyes were cold and determined.

"No, not exactly" Jeremy said, closing his eyes before his eyes met her again. She flinched. His eyes were telling her something.

"It's not like I am here to stop you or something. I am just giving you a warning, that's all. You don't know what he is exactly capable of. I just don't want you to get hurt without any reason" Jeremy said his eyes were analyzing her. 

"What can he exactly do that will hurt me more?" Cassandra bite back, that's true he cannot hurt her more than he did.

"There are many things he can do and bend you to his will just because he is letting you do it does not mean he is incapable of." Jeremy rubbed his head.

"What the hell are you talking about?Are you scared of him?" Cassandra smirked, staring at him. Is he? Jeremy wandered at her question a bit this is not about him though.

"No, but I am scared for you," Jeremy said, staring at her. She flinched.

"Not just physically but emotionally too" She flinched.

"I don't care," she said, staring straight at him to prove it.

"Oh! You don't. That's better than I guess" Jeremy said. 

"I don't have anything to lose. Neither will I let him blackmail me. Does he think he can threat me?" Cassandra said determined.

"It's not that Cassandra. What would you do if he shut down Austin's clinic? What will you do if he stops you from seeing Cameron? And I am just giving you the general idea. I myself don't know what he will do?" Jeremy sighed the more he knows the more messier it seems. Cassandra is not in any mood to listen to him but that does not mean he will let her be.

"He will keep those threats trust me, Coltrane never said anything he cannot fulfill" Cassandra stared at him shocked something akin to a cold shiver passing through her. 

"I was talking to him before coming here" 

"He was not being sane. He told me that you will stay with him with or without your will" Jeremy said. Cassandra eyes widen.

"He can't do that," She said.

"He would, that's why I want you to think about it carefully. Don't take decisions just because you feel like that" He said.