Chapter:17

Unedited....

****************

The next time Cassandra opened her eyes, she can feel her whole body throbbing.She blinked her eyes as the heaviness in her body settled down. She felt exhausted.

Cassandra was sitting in the same position for god knows how long. Her eyes particularly stared at nothing. She curled up into a ball. In that way Austin found her in the room sitting on the floor.

He rushed to her, "What happened?"

Austin pulled her in his arms,"Am I only good for rebound?" Cassandra asked him blankly, tears stuck in her eyes. He was shocked when his eyes landed on her collar bone an ugly bite mark formed there.

"No"Austin refused strongly, holding her body close to him. She looked pale, her body shaking for some reason heartached. She was cold and smaller, hurt beyond a reasonable doubt.

"What happened?" Austin asked her softly combing through her hair.

"I am stilll in love with the wrong person " Cassandra said coldly as another tear rolled down her cheek. Austin froze this was the first time he saw her crying so openly in the last two years. She was not crying that much but the way her body shaking. She alway tries to hide her tears behind laughter or cold face but today something feels off. She seemed so faraway even through she is sitting right in front of him.  

"I am useless" Cassandra whispered. Her face turning back to the same blank expression. She detached herself from him. She doesn't want him to see her break down. She was barely holding herself together.

"I want to be alone" Cassandra told him, while Austin shook his head no.

"Please" She pleaded, her lips trembling.

"Cassandra?" He tried again as she shook her head.

"Please Austin" she gulped down painfully.

"Okay" Austin sighed, he did not want to leave her alone but does he have any option.He will let her be alone for a while. But he can feel something bad happened. Coltrane hurt her more than she is letting on. He broke her. Austin clenched his fist. The urge to punch him itching him.

Cassandra slid against the door without locking it. Pulling herself in the ball she sit stilled. Her heart beat increases and she stares again. The same blackness spread through her sense. Her thoughts jumbled into a mess to the point she cannot think clearly.

"Am I only good to be used as a replacement?" Cassandra whispered to herself tears flowed unchecked.Five years she did everything to prove that wrong. And in one moment he broke her conviction. Why did she do this to herself? Why can't she see him pain? Her personality she built all these years break into millio pieces. He broke her self estimate and she let him.

"I am not Catherine" Cassandra whispered.

"I am not Catherine" She repeated again and again but for some reason she doesn't believe it herself now.

"I am not Catherine??" She mocked herself. Isn't it better if she accepts her defeat? Had she not fought for a long time proving to others that she existed. For as long as she can remember she struggling just to prove herself. All this pain and suffering might have ended a long time ago if only she accepted the fact that she is only good for being a replacement.

The remaining part of her heart gets destroyed by the same person she has given her heart to.How many times does he need to break her heart till she understands her worth in his life?

"Why?" She choked and tears fell freely.

Why? She only wanted to help him. Make sure that he is alright but here he is making sure to destroy her completely. But that's not true she knows her heart belongs to him. If he wanted to break it again she would let him. Even if he stomps on it she will bleed and try to act cold. When will she give up, is not 10 years long enough. She pretended to be cold but here she is again.