Chapter: 14

Here it is another chapter.

Go ahead and enjoy...

************

"I know it is...." Catherine said as she trailed off not knowing what else to say anymore. 

Her hand shook, she looked down silent tears slipped from her eyes. She does not know what to do anymore. Catherine never thought Jane would react this way. How could a mother push her own son away like this?

Jane was so warm to her then why not to her son? She feels choked on her breath.

"Why?" Jeremy grit his teeth as a tear trailed from his eyes.

He is hurt, Catherine looked down for bit.

"Why did you tell her that?" Jeremy breath out.

"What are you playing at? What the fuck are you trying to do? Is this some kind of fucking joke?" He yelled slamming his hand on the hood of the car making her almost jump in the process.

Jeremy pressed against her, almost forgetting that she was pregnant.

"Jeremy" Catherine tried to push him away. Her breath hitched when he grabbed her hands with his one hand caging her from behind, even more than before.

She can feel his hand tightening almost painfully. 

"Who is the father?" He asked her coldly. 

"Tell me who is the father?" Jeremy asked her again. Catherine stared at him hurt as another tear trailed down her face.

"I asked you who the fuck is the father of this bastard" Jeremy said, her heart shattered, Catherine whimpered pushing him with all her might.

Slap

Catherine snatched her hand and slapped him,  her hand working on it's own.  She won't let anyone bad mouth their baby. Not even their own father.

This might be the first time she ever slapped him.

"I told you. You are the father but you don't want to believe it" 

"So, Don't you dare call our baby that?" Catherine yelled at him for the first time. Jeremy was taken back. Her eyes filled with angry tears.

"Why can't I?" He mocked her. 

Another tight slap resounded on the empty street..Catherine slapped him right across his face.

"Because it is your baby too" Catherine pushed him.

"You cannot bad mouth our own child. I won't  allow it. Do you hear me I won't?" She yelled her body shook with tremor.  Her shaky hand pushed him again even though he did not bulge from his place.

That only makes him angrier "Our baby? Our baby? Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Have I ever touched you like that?" Jeremy grit his eyes glaring at her.

"Did you think I forget what you did?" Jeremy asked. Catherine flinched at his words.

"I will never father a child, not with you. Never! I hate you" Jeremy growled at her, grabbing her elbow and shaking her harshly. 

Catherine's eyes widened in protest as the anger she felt washed away. She felt drained. Tears dried long ago. She did not know how could she cry this much? She slumped down on the car hood.