Chapter:39

As I said I updated before 2020. Yah Congratulations to me. It's almost 3.5k.

Happy new year to all of my dear readers. May this year bring you a lot of happiness and prosperity. God bless you all a good healthy life. Do you best to keep your new year's resolution. Which I can't keep usually..😅😅😅

At that time I was an innocent little girl who does not know this year will be a disaster...🙂🙂🙂🙂

*************

Cassandra froze, her eyes widened as she looked at Coltrane. Many things, she can think of many things he could have said but this...

Coltrane stared at her. Waiting with bated breath. But the only thing he got in return was silence.

I love you...

She looked away. He let her.

"Cassandra?" He asked. She remained silent, not bothering to reply.

"Do you think that if you ignore me everything will turn back in time?" Coltrane asked. She looked up staring at him, he returned her stare. Her face is blank without an ounce of emotion.He couldn't even guess what is she thinking?

Coltrane sighed, sitting up and closed his eyes. She slowly sits up curling in a ball, she rocks herself.

"Why are you telling me this?" Cassandra asked at last. Her words shocked him.

"Because I..." before he could say those words she cut him off

"Don't bother" She said with a blank face inside her crunch. She sighed, closing her eyes.

Coltrane thought she would scream and asked how could he say that after putting her all those. But she did not.

Coltrane blinked his eyes shocked at her odd behavior. She was acting nonchalantly.

"Don't you love me anymore?" Coltrane asked bitterly. She closed her eyes.

Love??

Does that word actually exist? She wonders what love is. Did what she felt for him really love? As that question wanders she knows the truth. She always knows why she is trying to make herself doubt that. For the past 10 years, she has loved him. As painful as it is, that is the truth.

"I .... I do love you" Cassandra said softly her words filled with hurt.

"As if I could stop loving. If only it was that easy we would not be in this mess" she said painfully aware of the situation.

"I love you too," Coltrane looked at her straight in the eyes. She closed her eyes.

"Don't do this please?" Cassandra said, clutching the bed sheet.

"I love you Cassandra," Coltrane said.

"So what?" She snapped this time tears filled her eyes.

"I am not lying" he said softly touching her shoulder, she flinched.

"I don't care.." She trails off. He clutched her shoulder so that she was facing him.

He will repeat as long as it takes for her to believe. Even if it starts with the word I hate.

"I love you" Cassandra struggled to get out of his hold. He pressed his forehead against her.

"Let go of me" She cried trying to push him away.

"I love you"

"I said let go of me" She shook her head.

"I love you"