Chapter:9

Here it is another chapter.

Happy reading

**********

Present...

"What are you saying?" Coltrane was confused by her words. Catherine smiled at them.

"I am congratulating you for marriage" She repeated as her face remained impassive.

"Stop joking around. Was it her who kidnapped you? Did she say something to you?" He asked, almost panicking.

"No. It was me who left you" Catherine said softly.

"What are you implying?" Coltrane lasked, grabbing her shoulder and looking straight at her.

"I am sorry, I ran away from this marriage," Catharine said, looking down.

"I am sorry I break your heart." Her voice above a whisper. Cassandra stared at her as Catherine said those words. She should be happy right?

Coltrane was getting hurt the way she did in the past, but she did not feel happy or relieved.

"Why?" He asked Catherine, his voice betraying him . His hand slipped from her shoulder. He creates some distance between them.

"I can't, I just can't get through with it" Catherine looked down for a while before looking straight at him in the eyes.

"Don't you love me?" Coltrane asked, his voice cold.

" I do love you it's just not like that. I tried you know but I can't. I can't do this to you to me to us" Catherine averted her eyes from him. He stood still before uttering a "Why?"

"I just can't. You don't know how much guilt I felt all the time I spend with you, knowing that my sister loves you," she mumbled

"What?" Cassandra stared at Catherine when he said 'what'

"I can't do this to her and the fact that I don't..." Catherine did not get to finish her words. Coltrane snapped before she could after hearing the words he never wanted to hear, not from her at least.

"Is it my fault that she loves me?" He asked, gritting his teeth.

"I despise the fact that I am being loved by her" Coltrane spat, turning to Cassandra.

"So, You did break your promise" He glared at her with hatred.

"I never said anything about that to her" Cassandra said nonchalantly as if what both of them said did not bother her at all.

"What's going on here?" A voice can be heard from inside.

"Stay out of this," Coltrane snapped.

"It's not her fault. I told you I am the culprit. At least listen to my words" Catherine stood up and tried to stop them.

"So, you fucking lied to me" Coltrane slammed his fist beside Cassandra against the door who glare back at him.

"In which part of I did not say anything, You don't get?" Cassandra snapped.

"Catherine I don't love her trust me I don't, what happened was a mistake?" Coltrabe said, trying to hold his anger.

" It's not that. It's just I don't want to marry you" Catherine said worriedly.

"So, she begged you right? Begged you to give me and you did?" Coltrane turned and stared at Catherine who returned his stare, " That's not it. I can't marry you. I don't love you that way and marriage is out of question. I won't love you knowing that my sister loves you too. It's not her fault let her go" he snapped hearing the words from her mouth not once but twice.