Chapter:16

Here you go another chapter.

Reader discretion advised as this chapter contains Mature Content.

***********

Coltrane stayed silent for how long Cassandra had no idea but his uneven breathing and body remained on top of her.

She was staring at the wall as Coltrane stayed like that, burying his face in her neck inhaling her sweet scent. The feeling of warm skin soft structure makes him wonder how it will feel to touch her?

Coltrane softly pressed a kiss on her neck. Cassandra skipped a beat, she stiffed up. He was snuggling on her neck.

"Coltrane?" Cassandra asked a bit shakily.

Coltrane softly kissed her collar bone, licking the hollow of her neck. He pressed another kiss on her neck. Her soft skin, sweet smell remind him of her. His judgement clouded as he pulled his head up looking straight in Cassandra eyes,"Let me touch you"

"What?" Cassandra's eyes widen.

"Comfort me, please" his words ring in her ears.

She felt the serenity break, "W..what?"

Cassandra choked on her breath at his words. The words he uttered hurt her, Coltrane knows what he is asking of her is wrong but he needs closure. Using her to get a closure was not the right thing, He knows that very well. Something he should not ask of her but his broken heart and sanity cannot think straight. One part of him wants to be with Catherine even if in this way. He stopped his mind from wandering.

"Comfort me just like you did" Coltrane asked her, kissing her lips.

"No.." Cassandra tried to push him as her heart beat sped up as she felt a sinking feeling in her stomach.

"You cannot ask me of this" She felt choked and her hand sweated, she was struggling. He pressed a kiss on her jaw.

"Why can't I?" Coltrane peppered and kissed her neck. Cassandra feels her tears that she pushes back with all her might trailed down.

"You cannot do this to me" she whispered this time only for her to hear. Her hand shook as the panic settled in with a crushing feeling. Her heart shattered again.

"You already did this for me before. Why can't you now?" Coltrane mumbled, licking his lips. His words make her still, she breathes harder.

"You knew" Casssandra felt her sanity slipping as darkness showed in her eyes. The guilt she felt was for nothing. The weight of sin she felt was nothing. Then why did she apologize, Why did she cry?Why?.... Something that eats away her last bit of attachment towards life.

"I don't but I remember now" Coltrane words crushed her hope that he was the victim in the mess. The mess she created. But the truth was, She mocked herself as a tear trailed down her cheek, from the very being she was the victim. She takes burnts of what was someone else's fault.

Now here she is taking the burnt again. How many times does she need to take responsibility for others happiness, still she burns herself completely?

"Please" Coltrane asked her as a tear fell from his eyes and his heart was breaking.

"Please for one night pretend. Pretend to be her. For one night I want to feel her. Please I know you can do this for me. Please I want to feel her, love her till my heart is content. I will take responsibility and stay with you, for the rest of my life" Coltrane pleaded desperately.

"I don't want..." Coltrane did not let her complete her words.

"You love me right" Coltrane pressed a kiss on her lips softly.