Chapter:33

You need to reader this or this chapter will be confusing. There are two Cassandra one is Cassandra Walmart and another Cassandra Mayor her daughter. Because of the serious context I will be using

Cassandra to refer Cassandra Mayor.

And

Cassandra for her mother.

Reader discretion advised.

Happy reading or Sad it depends

********

Cassandra felt every emotion she was capable of feeling and than nothing. This is the first time she was seeing her mother. The woman who is supposed to love her unconditionally. Then why did she call her a burden? What was her fault in this?

Why is it always her? Who needs to take the burnt for someone else's deed? Now she feels empty. As if every emotion she had someone sucked it own.

Nothing...

The tears which were falling stopped. Cassandra did not feel secure in his arms. It's more like she felt uncomfortable and insecure. She pushed him away and Coltrane let her go.

"Ms.Walmart" was about to leave when she called her mother. Cassandra felt her heart break. She wanted to hug her daughter and tell her how sorry she was. How much she loves her.

She was young, immature and naive. Now that she has a son. While taking care of him Cassandra always thought about her daughter. She came here to ask for her forgiveness even if she needs to beg for it.

"Do you know?" Cassandra's throat closed off. She did not want to break down but she wondered how much time she could hold off.

"I don't have a childhood because of you" Cassandra and Carson flinched at her blank tone.

"I am sorry" Cassandra said tears filled her eyes.

"Most of my childhood. I wondered why am I locked in that dark room? Why does my own father never look at me, never loved me as he loves Catherine? Why did my mother look at me with hatred? Why did grandma tell me not to go near the main house? Why am I not allowed to make friends?" Cassandra whispered but they heard it in that pin drop silence.

"But I was innocent then Why was I the one always suffering?" She asked them.

They looked down.

"When I get some sense grandma told me that People will call me Catherine. I asked why She told me that it was a game" a tear fell from her eyes.

"But when that game became reality and I struggled with an identity crisis. I know when people looked at me they always saw Catherine not me" Coltrane flinched at this.

"You were not there when I asked why Mom and Dad hates me? That's the first time Grandma cried in front of me. She hugged me and cried repeatedly saying sorry." Cassandra looked down, her grandma was the first person who cried for her.

"She told me everything. I was just 13 years old and I got to know that my mother left me. I was a burden for her" Cassandra looked down hearing her daughter's word.

"But I was fine. It did hurt me but I was doing just fine. Because that's the truth of my life people abandoning me" Cassandra sobbed hearing her.