Chapter:43

Enjoy reading ..

********

That night.

Drink after drink nothing makes Jeremy forget about her warmth. He staggered calling a taxi. As soon as he opened the door of his apartment suffocating built up.

Jeremy does not have a good childhood since his mother Jane was depressed and going through trust issues. Jane was obsessed about making sure that Jeremy is nothing like his father. She put him through mental pressure as her anxiety increased as he decided to show the same interests as his father.

She forbids him of many things to the point of trying to threaten him if he decides to do anything related to his father, she will kill herself even though he has no idea what he was resembling. When Jeremy was a child she pushed things on him just for her own mental satisfaction.

Jeremy was terrified at first but as he grew up he understood his mother's deligma. He gave up various things he liked just to make Jane happy. With his help Jane came out of the depression and anxiety but his mother's trust issues never get resolved. He suffered for that. Trying to keep his emotions bottle up and pretend to live a normal life. To the point where everything seemed suffocating.

When he saw Catherine for the first time, Jeremy got to know she was suffering from the same thing as he is. Helping her gives him mental satisfaction. Something he cannot do for himself. Slowly that satisfaction started changing into adoration. And he fell for her.

After that Jeremy decided he needed to apply the suggestions he gave out for his own. Fight with his mother just to do what he wanted in his life. But for him that ended up as a disaster as his mother's trust issues skyrocketed.

Jane started to say that he was becoming like his father and that she did not give birth to him for that. Hurting his emotions again and again to the point that he was used to it. But that day when he was accused of molestation. He wanted his mother to support him.

At least hear him out, his side but she refused. That breaks his heart and with Catherine's betrayal his life shattered to the point he himself cannot pull it together. The two most important women in his life break him.

Jeremy looked down as another tear fell from his eye. Why is he so messed up? He cannot comprehend how he will react next time. His emotions are all over the place and he was doing nothing to gather it because deep down he feels like this will happen again and that time, He will again regret picking up these pieces.

Trying to get drunk was becoming difficult as he revisited his childhood.

************

Cassandra looked at the letter, Coltrane handed her. For some weird reason she feel like not reading it and tear it. For some unknown reason her hand trembles as she feels suffocated.

"If you want me to give you privacy I will leave for a while" Coltrane said. She just nodded her head.

When she was alone, she opened the letter with bated breath, her hand trembling as cold sweat broke on her forehead.

Cassandra,

There was nothing, not even a dear, she mocked herself. Her eyes trailed down.

If you are reading this letter then I am dead already. I know this is not the right thing to do but I don't have the face to tell this to you directly.

She bite her lips taking another deep breath before continuing.

When I left you, You were an infant being a single mother all of sudden come as a shock especially when Carson backed away from the responsibility. I was torn and looking at your face was painful for me. I needed a reason to keep going forward in my life. I did what I thought was right and left you. I was not in any mental condition to nurture you.