Chapter: 30

Dedicated to all those lovely reader who waited.
And it's a long update dearest 3k+ so, enjoy.

Happy reading or Sad reading. It depends...

**************

Jeremy stands there frozen not knowing what to do? His heart cracked even further. He feels numb. He has no idea how to react anymore. Was he in denial all this time? Everything around him collapsed. Love?

Did Catherine actually say love? Is she mocking him? Her weight on his shoulder feels like a burden to him now. 

Why did she say something like that now? Is it because of the past? Did not he come clear that she had nothing to do with it? After the numbness he felt a sudden rush of feeling too much for him to handle. Being emotionally unavailable and cold to people come with its side effects as the truth he did not want to acknowledge came out. 

Catherine felt pity that's why she is trying to console him, Jeremy chuckled as a tear rolled down his cheek. His hurt turned into something akin to madness. He was feeling rage as the initial hurt passed away. After everything she did how can she claim that she loved him? 

Jeremy grabbed her hand removing her arms around him. He painfully squeezed her hand," Are you pitting me?" He snapped at her. Her eyes widened in horror. He looked more angry now.

"I fucking told you that has nothing to do with you" Jeremy yelled at her shaking her.

"J.. Jeremy y..you are h..hurting me" she said.

He let her go and punched the table. His hand bleed but he did not feel any pain initially. The only thing he is feeling right now is numbness which is spreading like a wildfire. Catherine was messing with his head. Her eyes widened in horror.

"Why damn it? Why?" Jeremy crumbled down. She stands there frozen. Tears spill from his eyes. 

"She is pregnant" he said out loud reminding him or her he lost that sense for a while now.

"Why are you telling me that you love me?" Jeremy yelled at her, blood coming out of his hand as he pushed the table breaking everything in his desk.

"Jeremy you're bleeding please stop" Catherine whispered as her hand shook and tears filled her eyes. He shook his head, almost warning her to stay away. At least the pain he was feeling telling him, he is alive.

"Leave me alone. Go away" her heart broke further.

"Jeremy" Catherine whispered his name as her heart broke too.

For the first time Jeremy was letting her see how broken he was. 5 painful long lonely years where he stayed away from everyone trying to keep himself sane crashed on him.He was fine being alone because he knows as long as he is alone no one can hurt him. No one but her. One word from her breaks down his walls. The walls he created to protect himself. She is the only woman he loved or still loves.

Jeremy needs to stop himself from breaking down in front of her, her health matters. He can't break down now. Now  all of the time he punched the wall after standing up. She gasped.

Jeremy can not think about those painful days. He has trust issues because of that till this day. He does not have any friends in his college. He was in his own world without noticing how much he hurt his hand.

Did Catherine really think he needed her pity? All those painful lonely days he never once thought she was at fault for it. He might be angry at her for not supporting him but not once he thought about this. Was his love this weak? The bitterness rose from within.