Chapter:54

Here you go the last chapter of her replacement ..

*************

"Ready to enjoy your summer?" Coltrane asked.

"As ready as I could ever be" Cassandra said not knowing where they were exactly heading to. The only thing he said is that they are going to a family house and spend the summer in a vintage way which she did not understand at all.

"I thought you were going to invite Veronica and Xavier," Cassandra said as she took a seat in the car.

"No, I want this to be only about ourselves," Coltrane  shrugged.

"Where is Cameron?" She asked.

"He has a summer boot camp. I asked him to come but he wanted to enjoy his summer with his friends" Coltrane said.

"This is the place where I spent my childhood" Coltrane said as they reached a large gate.

"Good evening Master Mayor" The guard greeted them and opened the gate.

"This is my wife, guard" Coltrane introduced her.

"Good evening Mistress Mayor" the guard greeted them.

"Good evening. You can call me..." Coltrane just drives away before she can say anything.

"Well that was rude" she glared at him.

"It does not work like that," Coltrane shrugged.

"Do you think I did not try to stop them from calling me master? That just does not work with them. It's a waste of time so I decided to save your time" He said. She rolled her eyes not believing him at all. She will try and see for herself if this is a waste of time.

But everything slipped from her mind as she looked at the huge mansion.

"Welcome home Master Mayor" the butler was already waiting for them.

"Wait what butler? What the..?" She stared at him. Coltrane laughed at her reaction.

"This is my wife and your new mistress, Charlie" he said before dragging him inside. 

The inside is as beautiful as ever with dark brown wooden furniture and classic vintage decoration.

"This is our room but if you don't want to stay in the same room then I can ask Charlie to open another room" Coltrane said awkwardly which almost came out mechanically.

"It's fine" Cassandra shrugged, her shoulder not bothered at all or just good at hiding it.

"Take a bath and freshen up. Then we can go for a hike" He said excitedly. She just stares at him as if he has lost his mind.

"No"

"Oh! Come on, we are in the hilly region. We need to go hiking and have a night out under the stars" Coltrane said almost pleasingly.

"Absolutely not even if this is your idea of romantic night out. I am not into astronomy" She rolled her eyes.

"What can I do to convince you?" Coltrane asked.

She smirked, "this does not seem good" He whispered.

"I want your uptight staff to call me by my name" Coltrane stared at her shocked.

"That's not possible you know" He groaned. 

"That's a challenge, if you can do that I will watch those stupid same looking stars with you" she shrugged her shoulder.

"If I win this challenge I will give you a lecture on astronomy" He said threatening her.

"Do so, I will just ignore" she yawned. Opening her bag and rushed to the bathroom.