Freedom

I was born in a hopeless place called Wasteland. This place was polluted. From oceans to rivers and from mountains to lands, garbages and poisonous chemicals can be found. A place where no trees and clean water. A sanctuary of the death. A paradise that can be called Hell.

This place was lifeless. There were people but most of them have died. Died because of the contaminated place. Some killed themselves because of being hopeless.

I was lucky because I BORN. I was still lucky because I am still breathing.

My birthplace was surrounded by a thick wall that almost reached the clouds in the sky. Yes! This place was created by the Government. This was a place where they dumped useless materials... and sometimes, useless people from their so-called clean and perfect society.

But despite of living in this waste land, there was a secret passage where we can used to see the world outside. It was known by all of the people here, but none of them even try to used it. Just like this hopeless place, their mind was hopeless too. Their mind was set to died here. They don't want to try at least.

The secret passage was located at the eastern part of the wall. I don't know, but something in my mind pushed me to try.

I wanted to see the world outside! I knew there was hope!

It was late in the afternoon when I reached this place. I looked closely to the wall that divided hell and heaven. I can't helped to be amazed. This was the first time that I saw it closely.

I took a deep breath.

I slowly walked into a door with a skull symbol. I also saw some skulls near it and I smiled a little bit. I really thought that I am the only one who will try to see the light, but I was wrong.

I came near the door. It was just a plain metal door with a wide screen on it. As I stepped in front of it, the screen lighten up.

"Do you want to have freedom?" I heard it from somewhere.

"Press Yes if you want. Press No and you will die. Press nothing and you will be killed."

I smiled when I heard that. I am not afraid to die and I am ready for it, so I pressed the Yes button in the screen.

After that, an equation flashed in the screen.

"[(12x5)6]+[(7x5)+(30-10)5] = x"

I scratched my head when I saw that on the screen. Nobody taught me Mathematics. I knew some basics but I don't knew the rules.

I ended up answering it by my own knowledge.

I typed my answer and the door buzzed.

"Wrong answer!" That words flashed the screen. After that, something hot striked my head. Well, maybe this is the punishment of trying.

I don't have any regrets. Even though I'm dying, at least... I am not afraid to try. I am not losing hope... At least, I wanted to lived for once.

Before my sight get dark, another message flashed the screen.

"Anyone who can solved the equation will get our message from the outside world."