Chapter One

A/N: Hello all! This is my first fanfic ever so I hope you all enjoy it! Let me know what you think! It's much appreciated! Please vote/comment!

_________________________________________________________'

CHAPTER ONE

I can feel the blood pulsating through my veins. The nerves are starting to get to me now. I always feel this vulnerable right before I perform. I guess I should be used to this kind of thing by now. This isn’t the first show, and this won’t be the last. But somehow every fear I could possibly ever get comes to my mind before the light shines on me. 

My name is Rose Knight and I am the lead singer in a band called “Le Fanatics.” I am in the band with my best friend Alex who plays lead guitar and my good friend Nate who is the drummer. Our music is a mix between the sounds of Paramore and VersaEmerge. We weren’t always a band, it just happened. 

Let me explain. I have been singing in a choir my whole life. I was never a Soprano, but always an Alto. I always dreamed of being a big time singer and in a awesome band selling albums and having sold out concerts. But I accepted that it would probably never happen. I was always too nervous to go for a solo in choir so no one but my instructor and friends knew what my voice really sounded like. I was never confident in my voice, but that never made me want to change my dreams. At the end of my senior year in high school, I went to Alex’s house out of pure boredom one day. I thought I came at a bad moment since he was rehearsing with his band and they were having some difficulties. Apparently, their female lead was becoming more of a hassle than Alex had originally thought. His band was getting ready for their big upcoming gig at the Hard Rock Casino that would literally make or break them. I don’t know even til this day how they landed a gig like that, but it was incredible nevertheless. 

The band’s female lead, Christy, was arguing with the other members on whether the name should be changed from “Le Fanatics” to “Christy and her Fanatics.” Terrible name, I know. She had a terrible personality as well and that’s probably why she was psychotic, in my opinion anyway. Christy is taller than me, with me being 5’3 and her 5’6. She has pale blond hair and green eyes and as skinny as a twig. She may be model perfect, but her attitude still needed some major help.

“No Christy, that’s a terrible name and I’m sick and tired of you nagging us about how without you the band would be ruined. If we are going to be a band and make it big time, we have to all get along. Frankly, I don’t think anyone besides your drummer boyfriend Mason actually likes you,” Alex was saying then stopped when he saw me walk in the room and sit on the couch. 

“Rose, you can sing right?” he asked me.

“Um,” I was a little startled at this moment because Christy was shooting daggers at me through her eyes. “Yes, I can, but I’m not terrific.”

“You know the lyrics to all of our songs right?” 

“Of course I do, I help you write them,” I looked down at my feet because I was afraid of where this conversation was going to. 

“Come over here and sing this song,” he told me.

I silently walked over to where Christy was holding the mic and grabbed it from her. I didn’t dare look at her because I knew the look she was giving me now was not something one could simply forget.