Chapter 11

(Y/N) POV

   Me and Vladmir flew together today. We tried to fly as high as we could but when we got too high up we had a really hard time breathing so we flew down again. We and Saphira trained some manoeuvres (and made up some ourselves), one of them being jumping from Vladmir to Saphira in mid air. As we got better at it the dragons started to move more instead of trying to stay as still as possible so that I wouldn't fall. We also tried such things as Vladmir getting "attacked" by something so that I fell of and then Saphira came swooping in and catching me in her claws. We had to re-do it a couple of times since Saphira accidentally held me too hard a couple of times. And after I was caught I had to find a way to climb up to Saphira's saddle so I wouldn't fall straight to the ground. The dragon that wasn't doing anything observed everything so that they could do the same things directly after. We all shared some tips to make it better and I must say that we were bonding really well. We decided not to show this to Eragon yet since Saphira wanted to have some alone time with him.
   As the days went by I learned even more magic and my experience in the ancient language grew. As often as I could between everything I asked Brom about the dragon and Riders history. He was really surprised that I wanted to learn about it that badly. We reached the bottom of The Spine and then turned south. After three long days of magic training with Brom, embarrassing conversations with Eragon and flying practice with Vladmir and Saphira until we three days later got to a proper road with wheel marks. Today we both were sitting on Cadoc since we didn't want anyone to get suspicious if they saw us twice and wonder why there was a different person on the same horse. I didn't hold on to Eragon this time due to some very awkward and embarrassing conversations that we had and since then it has been kind of weird between us. During these past days, all that we had said were forgotten. During the evenings in our trip to Teirm we had trained with swords during the evening and also trained in some hand-to-hand combat. "This is the main road between the capital, Urû'baen, and Teirm", Brom said. "It is very traficated and a really liked road by salesmen. We have to be more careful. This isn't even close to the most busy time of the year, but some people still travel along this road."
   The days went by really fast as we travelled along the road on our way to the mountain pass. It was never boring in the life of a Dragonrider. The days that I didn't learn the ancient language or magic and dragon history at the same time I flew and trained with Saphira and Vladmir. Both me and Eragon got to learn how to hunt by using magic so we were never out of food and didn't have to waste time with hunting. You just put a little rock in your hand and shoot it away towards the prey, almost like using a slingshot. And after dinner we trained of course with either sword fighting or hand-to-hand combat.
   All of these long days and the work took away any possible fat that had the courage to make it into our bodies. Our bodies were really in shape and our skins got tanned from all of the sun that we got. When we finally got to the pass I saw a river coming out from it when we crossed the road. "This is Toark", Brom explained. "We can follow it all the way to the sea." Eragon looked first confused and then amusement twinkeled in his eyes. "How could that happen", Eragon laughed, "when it comes out from The Spine this way? There's no way that it could lead to the ocean if it doesn't do a knot on itself." Brom twirled arounf the ring that was on one of his fingers. "It's because Woadark Lake lies in the middle of the mountains. At both ends of the lake there is a river flowing, and both are named Toark. The one we can see now is the east one. It flows south and goes around the small woods until it's united with Leona Lake. The other one leads to the ocean."
   After two long days in The Spine we finally got up to a ledge, where we had free sight over the beautiful mountains. I saw Eragon looking at the landscapes far away and how it hot evened with the ground. I heard Eragon groan in front of me, probably because if the many miles we still had to put behind us, but I didn't complain. Brom pointed to somewhere. "North from here down there lies Teirm. It is an old city. Some people say that it was there the elves first stepped ashore in Alagaësia. It's fortress has never fallen, and it's warriors has never been defeated." Brom moved on forward upon Snowfire and we left the ledge.

   We didn't make it down from The Spine to the other side until it was time for dinner the next day, where the woods turned into plains. Now when Vladmir and Saphira couldn't hide themselves in the mountains anymore they were flying closer. I was surprised at how well Vladmir could not be seen in the mountains, or anywhere where it was rocks. He could just lay at a pile of rocks or against the mountain, close his silver-blue eyes and then look like he became one with it. I am pretty sure that if Vladmir had to, he could crawl into a comfortable pose on the ground a little bit away from the road and then he would just look like a big rock. The landscapes beyond the forest changed, the ground and the branches on trees were all covered in moss. Even the edges of small rivers had moss at their edges and if you stepped on the ground you sank a little bit down. It was small puddle of mud where the horses had stepped. In a short time, all three of us were drenched. "Why is everything so green?" Eragon asked. "Don't they have any winter up here?" Brom let out a small chuckle at his constant nagging about things. "They do, but it is a mild season. The mist from the ocean rolls in and keeps everything alive. Some enjoy it, but I find it boring and depressing." When the evening came around we put up camp at the driest place that we could. While we ate Brom started to speak. "You two should keep on riding on Cadoc until we get to Teirm. It is believable that we will meet travellers now when we are out of The Spine, and it would be better if we are together. An old man that is travelling on his own can awaken suspicions. In the accompany of the two of you no one will ask me questions. Anyways I don't want to meet someone in the city that saw me in the road and wonder where one or both of you suddenly appeared." Eragon turned his head to me and gave me a reassuring smile, and I gave one back. "Should we use our own names?" he asked Brom. Brom thought about for a moment before he spoke. "We can't fool Jeod. He already knows my name, and I think that we can entrust him yours too. But for everyone else my name is Neal and you get to be my nephew Evan and (Y/N) gets to be my niece Marina. If your ting acccidentely slips and uncover us, it probably won't matter, but I don't want every single person to know our names. People have an irritating ability to put the wrong things to memory."
   After that conversation I laid down on Vladmir's wing that was on the ground so I could sleep in his cocoon of his own body without getting muddy. I knew of what Eragon told me a little earlier that Saphira didn't want to sleep on the muddy ground to ruin her scales, but I knew that Vladmir didn't give a damn about getting dirty.
'(Y/N)?'

'Yes?'

'Good night. I love you.'

'I love you too. Sleep well'

^Hey guys! I am back today again. Sorry for such a short chapter but I'm trying to follow the chapters of the book to know when it's a good time to end the chapters. How do you like the story so far? Do you want me to change anything? Soon their time in Teirm will come! And thank you all really much for returning and reading a new chapter once again! See you guys next time!!^