Chapter 21 (pt1)

(Y/N) POV

   I had woken up when Brom closed the door. It took a while for Eragon to wake up. He just laid on the floor. I saw him drooling a little and small snores came out of his mouth. I started poking his cheek in a try to make him wake up. He just groaned and rolled over so he laid with his face away from me. I went up and started to poke his ribs instead. He jolted and sat up and smacked his head into mine. "Ugh", I heard him groan. He rubbed his forehead and then looked over at Brom's empty bed and then to me with a questioning look. I pointed towards the wall and he stood up. I read the message that was written on the wall over his shoulder.

     (Y/N), Eragon!
I will come back later tonight. Money for food is under the mattress. Have fun, explore the city, but make sure no one notices you!
                                      Brom
P.S. Avoid the palace. Don't go anywhere without the bow and sword! Keep them ready.

Eragon then stretched out his and and  then cleaned up the wall while I went over and took out the money. We went around the city. We went into many shops, and after a while we agreed that none of them (and probably none in all of Alagaësia) was as exciting as Angela's. We bought food after a while, and sat ourselves on the sidewalk.
   Right now, Eragon was pulling me towards a voice. He said that he found it interesting and decided to pull me along. There was a huge crowd and a scene with people on it. "And here, is the first offer", one of them said. "A healthy male from the Hadarac Desert, captured last month and is pretty healthy. Just look at these arms and legs: he is a beast! Perfect for any kind of physical work. But I have to say ladies and gentlemen, it would be a waste to not have him. He is really sharp, you just need him to talk the common language!" I realised that they were selling slaves. I turned around because I couldn't dare to watch it. These people are humans as well so why would they do this? Just because they have the money? I saw Eragon raise his arm. I realised what he was going to do so I pulled his arm down. He gave me a glare and pulled his arm away. I heard a small girl cry behind me and Eragon then turned around and walked away quickly. I tried to keep up to him put he was taller than me so he disappeared in the rest of the people. I started to get worried when I couldn't see him anywhere. Did he leave me? I continued to walk forward and saw him close to a wall. I walked over and put my hand on his shoulder and when he turned around his eyes were glossy. I looked to his hand. "What did you do to your hand Eragon?" He just shrugged his shoulders while answering. "Hit it against the wall." I looked up and saw that we were in front of the cathedral. Eragon started walking towards the door of it. "Uhm, Eragon? Do you really want to go there?" He gave me a confident smile and then opened the door. He went in, and I followed. Inside, I got the feeling of being in a graveyard. The roof was extremely high up, which didn't really surprise me since it was really high from the outside. The colours that came in from the windows was wonderful. Different shades of many colours was almost everywhere you looked, and to contrast that were the darkness of the shadows. While Eragon went to the front, to the altar, I went over to the windows. I looked at the statues that were in between them as well. They didn't look friendly. In the front I could see Eragon stand up from himself kneeling in the front of the altar and then turned around. I saw his eyes widen when he turned towards the door. I furrowed my eyebrows and then turned around as well. I felt shock wash over me as I saw the ra'zacs stand in the doorway of the cathedral. Eragon let out a roar of anger and then fired arrows at them. They easily avoided the arrows. They started running towards him and I took out my sword. A few seconds after that, soldiers started to come inside. I saw Eragon look around after a way of escape. The only way out was on the other side of the cathedral, to Eragon's left. He could easily get out, but me? Not that easily. Both the ra'zacs and the following guards were between me and the way out. Is Eragon going to tell Brom? They haven't noticed me yet, so could I just watch it as a towns person? I didn't know what to do. If they would see me with my sword out, they would most likely take me. But if I didn't do anything they could just believe that the two of us came here together. I quickly backed into a corner where it was pitch black. Eragon started to run towards the exit and I decided to stay. Everyone ran after him and when I was alone I went outside.
   After a little while, I heard Vladmir.
'(Y/N)'

'Yes Vladmir?'

'I have been told to inform you to meet Eragon and Brom at the inn and do not stop on your way there.'

'Thank you Vladmir.' After that he went silent. I took a different way back to the inn and avoided the huge streets and took the small alleys instead. When I got to the inn I saw Brom sitting up on his horse and our things already packed. I went to them and stood on the side of Cadoc while Brom started to speak. "What happened?" "The ra'zacs came up behind us while we were in the cathedral", Eragon said while sitting up on Cadoc, and me soon after. "I ran back as fast as I could, but they could be here any minute. Saphira and Vladmir will join us as soon as we leave Dras-Leona." "We need to get outside of the wall before they close the gates, if they haven't already done it", Brom said. "We don't have a chance of getting away from here if they're closed. And the two of you, don't loose me, whatever you do." Some soldiers came from further down the street and we rode away immediately.

^Hello guys!! I am really sorry for not updating in a few day! And I am sorry for this only being a part one. How do you think of the story so far? Do you think this is too similar too the book? Love you guys!! See you guys next time!!