Chapter 39 (pt1)

(Y/N) POV

   It hurts. Because why wouldn't it after sitting in the same spot for hours? The first thing I did after stepping out of the room was to stretch. Not soon after I heard Eragon step out of the door and I could see the Twins stepping into the room and then closing the door. As I turned around I could see that Eragon was turned towards Orik.
"I'm sorry that you got in trouble because of us", he apologised. "Forget about it", Orik grumbled as he pulled on his beard. "Ajihad gave me what I wanted." His statement confused me. Did he want to babysit for two children and a dragon? "What do you mean?" Eragon asked. "You neither get to train nor fight, and you're forced to take care of us. How can this be what you wanted?" Orik sent him a cunning gaze. "Ajihad is a good leader. He understands how to keep the law and how to do justice. Under his command I am punished, but I am also a minion of Hrothgar. Below his command I am free to do whatever I want."
   It felt weird that Orik was loyal to both of them. And now it felt as if almost everyone here either had dubble loyalty or only for one. "Ajihad gave you a powerful position now, didn't he?" Orik chuckled deeply at my statement. "He did, and in a way so that the Twins can't complain about it. This is guaranteed to make them irritated. He is a clever one, Ajihad. Come on now, lads, you two must be hungry. And we need to show your dragon where it can stay." Saphira hissed. "Her name is Saphira", Eragon said. Orik slightly bowed for her. "I apologise. I shall certainly not forget." He then picked down a lantern from the wall and started to walk with us behind him. "Do you know if there are any others that are skilled in magic here in Farthen Dûr?" I asked Orik as we struggled to keep up with the dwarf's speed. "Very few", Orik answered with a shrug of his shoulders. "And those who can aren't good for much more than to heal scratches. They've attended to Arya since it is needed for so much power to heal her." "Except for the Twins." "Oeí", Orik muttered. "She doesn't want their help anyways: their skills aren't for healing. Their talents lies in intrigues - to everyone else's detriment. Ajihad's predecessor Deynor let them join the Varden since he needed their support... you can't fight the Empire without magicians that help from afar. They are a nasty but useful pair."
   We arrived in one of the four main tunnels in Tronjheim. There were groups of both humans and dwarves walking by, and their voices echoed loudly against the walls of the tunnel. Everyone suddenly stopped when they saw Saphira. Without caring about the audience Orik turned left, towards one of Tronjheim's distant gates. "Where are we going?" Eragon asked. "Out of these halls so that Saphira can fly up to the dragons nest above Isidar Mithrim, the Star Rose. The dragons nest has no ceiling - Tronjheim stands open towards the sky, like Farthen Dûr - so that she, well you, Saphira, can fly straight down into the nest. It was there the Riders stayed when they visited Tronjheim." "Won't it be cold and damp without a ceiling?" Eragon asked. "Oh no." Orik shook his head. "Farthen Dûr protects us from the elements. No rain nor snow can come here. And there is also a lot of marble caves for the dragons in the walls of the nest. They give you enough protection. Just watch out for the icicles: they can split a horse when they fall." Eragon seemed to be deep in his thoughts, but had still an empty gaze so he was probably talking to Saphira.
   I could see Eragon crossing his arms. "Where are our horses?" "In the stables by the gate. We can see to them on our way from Tronjheim." We left Tronjheim the same way as we entered. It seemed that the light had moved during our conversation with Ajihad, since the light couldn't reach further than through the crater opening of Farthen Dûr. It was now dark inside of the mountain no when the sunlight was gone. It seemed that the only light came from Tronjheim, as it sparkled weakly in the dark.
Orik pointed towards the white peak of Tronjheim. "There is fresh meat and the clearest of mountain water awaiting you up there", he told Saphira. "You can stay in whichever cave you please. We will make it comfortable in there and then we will leave you alone." "I thought that we would stay together. I don't want to be separated", Eragon complained. Orik turned towards him. "Rider Eragon, I will do anything to make you comfortable, but it would be for the better if Saphira waited in the dragons nest while you eat. The tunnels to the banquet halls aren't big enough for her to be able to come with us." "Why can't I get my food delivered up to the nest?" "Because the food is made down here", Orik said reserved, "and it is very far to the top. If you want to, we can send a servant to the nest with your meal. It will take a while, but then you can eat with Saphira." Eragon looked at Saphira for a while before talking again. "I'll eat down here." The dwarf smiled at his answer. Eragon then took off Saphira's saddle from her back, then she took both that and Zar'roc in her claws as she flew away. We watch Saphira fly away towards the nest. "You got really lucky, lad. My heart is suddenly filled with the longing of an open sky and steep cliffs and the feeling of hunting like a hawk. Even if my feet are better fitting on the ground - or rather under it." He then put his hands together in a loud clap. "I'm neglecting my duties as a host! I know that you haven't eaten since that awful dinner that the Twins gave you, so we will now find the chefs and ask them for bread and meat!"
   We then kept on following Orik through the maze of Tronjheim.

^Hello guys!! Sorry for not updating  last weekend but I got really sick for these last few days! How are you guys? How do you feel now when Christmas is almost here?! See you guys next time!!^