Chapter 33 (pt1)

(Y/N) POV

   The next morning, I had to ride on Snowfire while Eragon rode on Saphira. He flew in front of us and left me and Murtagh alone. I mumbled something that I didn't hear. "What?" "I said, you're bleeding. From your side." I looked down and saw that it had gone through the bandages. "Oh, it's nothing." "It doesn't look like nothing... When did it happen?" "Just when I rode on Saphira. Really, it's nothing, I swear."
'It happend during your fight with Eragon.' "Wait, that sound at the beginning, that was you?" "Uhm... no?"
   We kept silent. The only time any of us made a notice of each other was when me and Eragon switched places from Snowfire to Saphira.

Eragon (POV)

   "What now?", Murtagh asked when we landed. "The urgals are getting closer." "How far is it to the Varden?"
"Normally?... I would say five more days. Three in our speed. But the urgals will probably catch us, and Arya dies defenetley, if we're not there tomorrow." "She can make it one more day", Murtagh answered. "We can't count on that", I protested. "The only way to make it to the Varden on time is to not stop for anything, no even for sleep. It's our only chance." Murtagh let out a laugh without humour. "How can you think that we would make it? We haven't slept properly for days. You have to be as tired as me, if not Riders are made of something else than us normal mortals. We have put an impressing amount of land behind us and the horses are exhausted, if you haven't noticed. One more day in this speed and we will all fall dead to the ground." I shrugged my shoulders. "Then it will happen. We don't have a choice." Murtagh looked towards the mountains. "I can of course leave you and let you fly away with Saphira... That would force the urgals to split, and then the chance of you getting to the Varden will increase." "That would be suicide", I said. "For some reason the urgals on foot are faster than we are on horse. They would chase you to death like a deer. The only way to get away from them is to find the Varden." Even after I said that, I felt unsure if he would stay or not. I like him, but I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing anymore. "After that I'll run", Murtagh said stubbornly. "I'll disappear into some vale when we get to the Varden. Then I'll go to Surda, where I can hide without drawing too much attention to me." "So you'll stay?" "I'll take you to the Varden, sleep or no sleep", Murtagh promised.

^Hello guys!! Shorter update this time... How are you? How is your weekend so far? What is your favourite TV and book series? I hope that you liked this chapter! See you guys next time!!^