Chapter 32

(Y/N) POV

   The bleeding wasn't stopping. I knew that If you would get cut on the stomach, or near the heart, that it would bleed a lot, but I didn't expect it to bleed this much. After Saphira had flown away to hunt - with me on her back - it only came more blood if she mad sudden movements. I couldn't use my magic yet since I hadn't eaten for days when I woke up and we barely stopped when we rode to the Hadarac Desert. The blood loss wasn't really helping either. I could feel myself getting dizy and Saphira tried to keep me from passing out.
   We were now on our way back since they apparently needed help. We were now above them, and without warning Saphira folded in her wings and started to dive through the air. When the men saw Saphira as we landed, they started to run away screaming as Eragon threatened their lives. As their leader was left behind, Murtagh walked to him with his sword drawn. He lifted his arm in a way if defending himself. Murtagh only stared at him and made a move for his neck. "No!" Eragon screamed, but it was too late. His headless body fell to the ground. The head landed on the ground not far away from him. Eragon ran to Murtagh. "Are you stupid?" he screamed at Murtagh. "Why did you kill him?" Murtagh dried of the blood on his sword on the man's jacket. "I don't understand why you're so upse-" "Upset!" Eragon screamed. "I am way more than upset! Did it not accrue to you that we  could have left him there and leave? No! You have to act like an executioner instead and cut off his head! He was defenceless!" Murtagh seemed surprised by Eragon's rage. "Well, we couldn't have him close - he was dangerous. The others escaped... he wouldn't have made it far without a horse. I didn't want the urgals to find him so they would hear about Arya. So I thought that it would -" "But killing him?" Eragon interrupted. Saphira started to sniff at the man's head and opened her mouth like she wanted to pick it up, but she moved away her head and walked to Eragon. "I'm just trying to survive", Murtagh said. "No strangers life is more important than mine." "But you can't just use meaningless violence. Do you have no compassion?" Eragon said and pointed at the head. "Compassion? Compassion? What compassion can I show my enemies? Should I hesitate to defend myself because I could hurt someone? If so I would have died long ago! You have to be prepared to defend yourself and what you care about, to what prize it may be." Eragon put back his sword and shoke his head. "You can defend any terrible things that way." "Do you think I like it?", Murtagh screamed at him. "My life has been threatened since the day I was born. I have spent every hour to avoid danger one way or another. And I have always trouble falling asleep due to my worry that I won't live until dawn. If I was ever safe, it was with my mother, but I wasn't even safe there either! You don't understand - if you had lived with the same fear as me, you would have learned as well: Don't take any chances." He then pointed to the man's body. "That was a risk that I got rid of. I refuse to regret it, and I won't think about what has already been made and can't be undone." Eragon stood face to face with Murtagh. "What you did was still wrong." He tied Arya to Saphira and then sat himself on Snowfire. "Lets go."
   We continued out journey at a dangerous speed. When we stopped for the day we all ate without say a word. "I'll take the first watch", Eragon said after dinner. I went to where Vladmir was sitting and waiting for me. I had to change the bandages again since it had bled through. When I finally later down beside Vladmir he didn't say anything. I could feel his mind by my own and I felt calm.
'Rest. I will watch over you.'

'Thank you, Vladmir.'

^Hello guys!! Slightly shorter chapter this time, but I hope it's good anyways! How are you guys? Did you like this chapter? What do you guys think will happen now? See you guys next time!!^