Chapter 37 (pt2)

(Y/N) POV

   After a long while consisting of silence Ajihad sat down with a tired sigh. He pulled his hand down his face and looked at the ceiling. I saw Eragon move out of worry in his chair as nothing happened. When Ajihad didn't do anything, Eragon said: "Is everything alright with Arya?" Ajihad lowered his gaze to look at him, and said seriously: "No... but the healers says that she will recover. They have been with her the whole night. The poison took it's toll on her. She would not have survived without you. The Varden could never repay you." As I saw Eragon's mood change I felt a sting in my chest. But why?
   "So what happens now?" he asked. "I need to know your story. I need to know how your found Saphira and all that has happened since then", Ajihad said and f9lded his fingers together. "I know some of it from the message that Brom sent us, other things through the Twins. But I want to hear it from you, especially the details about Brom's death." I could see Eragon hesitate, but Ajihad sat there waiting. I saw Eragon turn a little in his chair, but then he started to tell his tale. He was hesitant at first as he spoke, but then he started to tell. Ajihad didn't interrupt him as we spoke.
   Eragon didn't say anything about Vladmir, which we thought was good. Eragon spoke for hours, and took long pauses here and there. He told Ajihad about Teirm, about how we found the Ra'zacs. He also told him about his dreams about Arya, and I felt that painfull feeling once again. When he talked about how we came to Gil'ead and mentioned a Shadow, Ajihad leaned back with a unreadable expression on his face.
   Eragon finished his story and then sat there quietly. Ajihad stood up, put his hands behind his back and looked at the bookshelf. After a while he sat back down again. He then looked towards me, not turning away. "And what about you then? I know nothig about you except your name." I just stared at him at first. Why would he want to know about me? Does he suspect anything? I then realised that I needed to talk, so I did.
   We didn't sit there for as long as we did when Eragon talked, since I told the short but important version. I told him that I couldn't remember my parents, since I had lived with my aunt and my cousin as long as I could remember, that I went out hunting for a month but when I came back my village was in ruins, when Eragon and Brom came.
   Then I started to talk about when we met Murtagh and also talked a little about Brom's death, then my capturing at Gil'ead and now this.
   When I was done, Ajihad stared at me once again. "Not at all that detailed, wouldn't you agree?", he said. I looked down at my lap and shrugged my shoulders. "I guess that my life hasn't been that interesting before meeting Vla-Eragon and Brom." I could feel Ajihad watching me carefully as I sat there. Because if I would've told the whole truth, why would I almost say a name that sounds nothing like Eragon's? When I give him any response he let out a sigh.
   "Brom's death was a terrible loss. He was a close friend of mine and a powerful ally to the Varden. Many times he saved us from doom through his courage and wisdom. Even now, when he is gone, he has given us the only thing that can lead us to success - you two."

^Hello guys!! Sorry for a short update this weekend! What did you think of this chapter? Ooh, and what if Ajihad knooows?! I hope that you guys liked this week's chapter! See you guys next time!!^