Chapter 12

Alright so here's another chapter... Hope you enjoy this!

Adrian's POV

I didn't want to let her go, I wished I could spend the rest of my night just standing there with her. But I had no choice. I got into the car with my driver and all I could think of was going back into her house.

Get yourself together dude! Don't rush her. She might think you're taking this a tad too fast. My inner me said.

I decided to take things slow. I got home and checked my voicemail to see if I had some messages. There was only one message from Roberto;

"Hey brother, I was hoping we could spend tomorrow evening together with dad. According to him, he hasn't seen his two sons in a while and would like to have dinner with us. What do you say? Please come! The house will be boring without you there, ok?"
He sounded persistent.

I loved the fact that they both considered me as part of the family and the truth was, we haven't been together as a family in a while. We were all busy with our various commitments. I decided to go so I sent him a message;

Hey brother, I'll come. Make sure to get chocolate cakes for desert. OK?

I hit send and a few minutes later his reply came;

I've already done that. I knew you would agree to come. Love you man!

My heart soared at his words and I didn't waste time to send another message;

Thanks. I know I can count on you always. Love you too bro!

I slept off a few minutes later. In the morning, I went off to work early because I had an early appointment with a client. But at the meeting, all I could think of was Isi. I just couldn't get her off my mind. I took out my phone to call her but it was switched off. I opted on calling her much later.
After trying to call the second time without a connection, I called Louisa, my secretary to order a large bouquet of roses to Isi's office with a card saying;

Miss you already - Adrian.

I was becoming a hopeless romantic and I liked it.
I did what I had to do at the office and decided to go over to my family house where I grew up for dinner with my dad and brother.

When I got there, Christina, the maid we employed to cater for my dad, ushered me in. I made sure to bring with me some Italian designer suits. My dad had always loved Italian suits. He said he wore one on his wedding day. It was one of the things he remembered about his dear wife. She always bought a suit for him on each of his birthday when she was alive.
When I saw him, he looked fragile but healthy. I ran towards him and hugged him.