Epilogue

Adrian's POV

The day I would never forget was my wedding day. I know everyone believes women are the only ones who gush about weddings but that was not so in my case. You should have seen her, scratch that, my bride.

She was the most beautiful woman in the planet and still is. The gown she wore was immaculately white and beautiful, it accentuated her curves. I am so lucky to be called her husband. Her parents and brothers flew in to celebrate. We also went to Nigeria for some engagements or what Isi called, the traditional wedding. I had so fun in Nigeria.

We had our honeymoon in New Zealand, Wales and Argentina respectively. It was wonderful and I didn't want to return home but sadly, we had to.

Life was so good.

I promoted some of my employees and this time employed a man as my personal assistant to oversee everything in my absence. I attended church regularly with my family and I got an unshakable and unbreakable relationship with God.

Graça got married to Martin two months after I did. During the reception or wedding party as it is known, Melissa got engaged to her boyfriend. Those two were so crazy that they decided to get married that same day and time. The rest of us were even crazier in the sense that we called the priest and they got married right there in Graça and Martin's wedding party.

Roberto found someone but they weren't together at all. According to him, he met her, Kristen, in America, during one of our successful projects. She was rounding up her Masters degree. He felt so attracted to her but she never noticed him. Well, I hope she does soon because I have never seen him smitten over any woman before.

My father, João miraculously got healed and although we all know he was healthy, he still acted sick most times, begging us to give him grandchildren before he died.

Well I finally did that.

*Two years later*

I made breakfast for us, by us, I meant me, Isi and the twins, Miguel and Milan, a boy and girl. Milan looked exactly like me but Miguel carried his mother's features, like his dark skin and brown eyes. They just had their first birthday last week and their grandfather organised a splendid birthday party for them. Roberto came with Kristen, I believe they are madly in love with each other now. That evening, Roberto confessed that he asked her to marry him and she agreed. I was so thrilled for him. At last he found happiness like I did.

Isi made the children wolf down their cereals because Melissa was on her way to pick them up to be with her and her husband for the weekend. Melissa was pregnant and expecting a baby girl, her first child. She got pregnant few months after her wedding but had a miscarriage as a result of recklessness and carelessness but that sobered her up. She changed and became cautious. She often took care of Miguel and Milan whenever Isi and I wanted some alone time with each other. When she became pregnant again, we all rejoiced because we believed God gave her a second chance to be a mother again.

Graça and Martin relocated to Europe. Martin got transferred to Portugal and so they left with their son, Brandon. We only communicate with them through Skype but we visited them last month and spent two weeks with them.

When Melissa left with the kids, I retreated towards my room to take a nap.

After a very long time, I was here again, in heaven, beholding the awesome things God created. He stood there, his back facing me, waiting for me to meet with him.

God turned and smiled at me when I came closer to him. I covered the distance between us by hugging him.

"Adrian, how are you?" Even his voice was melodic to my ears. I can't believe I once rejected this Supreme Being. He made my life so perfect.