Chapter 41

Isi's POV

At Henry's funeral, I felt a surge peace I couldn't comprehend. One would think that after all he and his sister did to me would make me hate him for the rest of my life but I forgave him and had a clear conscience.

I was given permission by Roberto to spend all the time I needed to recuperate at home till I was strong enough to resume my work at the office. I'm guessing most members of the staff would have been gossiping about me on my continuous absence but I didn't mind at all because they don't know half of what I have been through all these months.

Five days after Henry's funeral, which was Thursday, Adrian announced that he would be traveling with his dad and brother to Africa for a project. He didn't explain much on what they were going to do over there. I tried pressurizing him to tag along with them but he refused, stating that he had already told Graça and Melissa to spend time with me.

João and Roberto came in the evening, they were to travel the next day so they decided to spend the night with us. João hugged and appreciated God on my behalf. We had dinner much later and retreated to our various rooms for the night.

In the morning, the day after, I accompanied them to the airport in order to bring the car back home. I hugged them goodbye and Adrian kissed me which made some of the passenger about to board whistle. Some ladies even blushed and that got me wondering if they actually shared from the kiss. I waited until I was sure they were in the airplane and ready for takeoff before I left.

When I arrived home, Graça and Melissa were at the door waiting for me. They both carried duffel bags.

"Girl where have you been?" Melissa asked after we hugged.

"I'm sorry. I accompanied the men to the airport." I tried to explain.

"Anyway, hope Adrian gave you a goodbye kiss?" She asked again and my cheeks turned pink.

"Melissa, stop trying to steal so much information about them. Leave her alone." Graça playfully ordered her.

"Alright, we are here to help you get through the rest of the days so you won't miss your darling boyfriend. Let's go inside." She seemed to have woken up on the good side of the bed this morning or she was just being plain Melissa.

We got in after I opened the door and then trod into the kitchen to get a bottle of Chardonnay and wine glasses. At the the living room, we drank while I told them my ordeals with Louisa and her brother. I told them everything even to the point of Henry's death, letter and funeral. Being my sappy friends, they both cried at the end.

"So how do you guys intend to keep me company so that I won't miss Adrian? Right now, I do miss him." I spoke after they finished crying.

"Well, we are staying in today so we get to talk, watch movies, play indoor games, talk, talk, talk." Melissa suggested. I guess talking was her forte.

We did exactly what she said. We talked about girls stuff, watched three amazing movies, (Before I fall, Everything, everything and Girls trip) we had so much fun. We also played some games which I couldn't even remember their names nor how to play, but they thought me and soon, I was a pro.

They both prepared dinner and I was grateful I had them to cook because I was so tired. We ate and chatted during dinner and when it was time to sleep, we slept in my room which was large and comfortable enough for us to sleep in.

The following day, We ate breakfast, took our baths and did one another's makeup and then took some pictures that we would make use of on social media. We braided our hair and had a karaoke session in the evening. My song was Dancing in the dark by Rihanna, Melissa's was Bodak Yellow by Cardi B, and Graça's was Arms by Christina Perri. Dinner was pizza. We were too tired to cook anything so we ordered pizza.