Chapter 15

Um, what's wrong readers? This story hasn't gotten viewed, commented or voted for, as far as I want it to be. Please share it with the rest of your friends, let them vote, comment and share to pass the story across others! Thank you! I love you all always!

Isi's POV

The birthday party came in a blur. I had to invite Graça and Melissa over for us to prepare together. I would be going to the party with Adrian because he was expected to be my date for the night while they had their own dates who would come over to pick them up.
We all decided to get our make up done in such a way that we would look classy. Melissa, being the makeup goddess, worked magic on our faces. When we were through with getting dressed, I couldn't recognise myself.

"Isi, look at you. You look gorgeous. I'm sure when Adrian sees you, he won't be able to keep his hands off you." Melissa said, I couldn't reply because her statement made me blush immensely.

"Yeah, I'm sure he will." Graça agreed.

"OK, you too! You both haven't told me who your dates are tonight." I managed to change the subject.

"Well, no one special. I just invited one of my friends who lives across my street. We've been quite close but nothing special has happened. His name is Martin. I told him about the party and he agreed to tag along with me." Graça explained. Judging from her expression, I knew she likes the guy. I just hope he feels the same.

"What about you?" I gestured towards Melissa.

"You both know I'm not dating anyone for now, so I brought my cousin, Lucas. I know he won't pay much attention to me so that will give me enough time to survey the rest of the male species that will attend the party." Melissa whispered while twirling her hair with her index finger. She was a huge flirt and I knew she was gonna bring out the flirtatious side of her tonight.
Sighing, I said a short prayer within me;

Lord, let your will be done tonight in Jesus name, Amen.

Melissa's cousin, Lucas, arrived immediately and took her along. When Martin came in, I could see the look of infatuation in his eyes and I knew for sure that he had feelings for Graça. I'd have to tell her much later so they can both work it out. I used the opportunity to package the vintage and expensive wristwatch I had bought as a present to João. I hated going to birthday parties without giving gifts to the celebrants.
Adrian knocked and came in a few minutes after Graça and Martin left. I watched him stare at me with wide eyes... They expressed longing, lust and something I couldn't fathom.

"Wow, Isi you look...um... You look so beautiful. This dress is absolutely flattering!" he stuttered while clearing his throat.

"Thanks, for the compliment and for buying the dress. And you also look good." I complimented him. His suit, shirt and tie made him look irresistible.

"I'm sure every lady's eye will pop out when they see you." I added.

"I'm sure they will but I don't care because my own eyes just popped out when I first saw you in that dress at the designer's place. And even if other women look at me, they won't get my attention because I will be looking at only one woman tonight. And we both know who she is." His remark warmed my heart and I felt my knees go weak.