Tyler Holman- Chapter 16

OMG! THANK YOU ALL FOR OVER 100 READS! 

(Y/N)= YOUR NAME

(H/C)= HAIR COLOR

(E/C)= EYE COLOR

(A/N)= AUTHOR'S NOTE

(F/F)= FAVORITE FLOWER

(I MAY ADD MORE TO THIS LIST LATER IF I NEED TO)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YOU/READER'S POV: 

Finally after a day and a half of riding on our horse...we made it to South Carolina, where we saw tents set up for the military regiment, but also for me and John as well. I caught glance of black soldiers awaiting our arrival. Once they noticed us, they cheered. 

"Attention fellow troops!" shouted John. Everyone grew quiet. "I am lieutenant colonel John Laurens...and this is lieutenant colonel (y/n)." he said as he pointed to me. I gave all of them a warm welcoming smile and they did the same. 

"Now, we must get prepared for an ambush...something like that could happen at any moment...so get into you're formations." They saluted and did exactly as they were told. "Why don't you go wright George Washington that we made it here safely?" He asked me as he held my hand. I nodded and jumped off my horse. I then made my way for our tent. 

I walked in and everything was set up beautifully. I sat down at the wooden desk, pulling out a quill, ink bottle, and a piece of paper.   

                                                     ***TIME SKIP A LITTLE LATER****

  When I was done with the letter, I gave it to a troop to get sent out to Washington. I then waked around the field to find Laurens. 

"Excuse me?" I asked a random troop. 

"Yes ma'ma?" he saluted. 

"Do you happen to know where lieutenant colonel John Laurens is?" I asked. 

"Ah, yes he is over there playing with those kids." 

"KIDS?!...WHY ARE THERE KIDS HERE!!! THEY COULD GET KILLED FROM AN INVASION OR AMBUSH!" I yelled as I grabbed hold of my hair. 

"D-don't worry ma'ma! They don't stay long....they are just here to deliver food...well they were forced by there masters to take that food to the market to be sold...but the poor little ones figured we could use it more." I starred at John playing tag with the kids...they looked so happy...and John looked happy too. I smiled at the warm thought of him being a dad...he would be great kids. 

"Thank you..." I said as I placed a hand on his shoulder...I then walked toward John and the kids. They were now sitting on the ground making flower crowns, and one of the girls placed a crown of John's head. I laughed and I think he could hear me cause he shot me the death glare. Then the girl came running up to me. 

"Miss (y/n)! This is for you!" she said happily while holding up a flower crown. 

"Did you make this yourself!" I asked while sounding amazed. 

"Me and my two sisters did!" I keeled down and she placed it on my head. 

"It's beautiful! Thank you very much!" I have her a warm hug. She then grabbed my hand urging me to follow her, and I did. I sat on the grass next to Laurens and smiled at him. We all talked and enjoyed stories...but I was growing worried.