Your Obedient Servant- Chapter 42

(Y/N)= YOUR NAME

(H/C)= HAIR COLOR

(E/C)= EYE COLOR

(A/N)= AUTHOR'S NOTE

(F/F)= FAVORITE FLOWER

(F/C)= FAVORITE COLOR

(I MAY ADD MORE TO THIS LIST LATER IF I NEED TO)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YOU/READER'S POV:

These last few days have been stressful for Me and everyone else. Angelica, (Eliza's daughter) has been growing very depressed since Philip's death...Burr has been very distance with us...Amelia has gotten sick...and John has been working non stop on essays.  I was really getting sick of it all...but I just prayed that it will all end well.  At least...so I thought... 

It was around 2:00 AM, and for some reason I could not sleep. So I got up to go downstairs...till I noticed a flicker of a light coming from Alex's room. I walked over to the doorway and peaked in. Alex was sitting as his desk writing while Eliza was sleeping. The flicker from the candle light made everything around Alex visible. Including a sad look on his face. He suddenly leaned back in his char and stretched. I don't know why, but something seemed fishy. He then got up and placed a note down on the opposite side of Eliza. Most likely the same side of the bed where Alex sleeps. He then leaned down and kissed Eliza's head. 

"I love you Eliza...and I always will..." With that he started to come my way. I quickly hid in the closet next to the doorway. Once he passed by me, I peaked out to see him go down the stairs wearing a trench coat, and a gun in one hand. He then left while closing the door. 

"Where the hell is he going with a gun?!" I whispered to myself. Then I walked into Alex's room quietly, hoping not to wake Eliza. I tip toed over to Alex's desk to hopefully find answers. Which I found. There were many letters spread out along his desk. I picked each and every single one of them up and read them. 

(A/n, anything in bold letters at this point means what your reaction is to whats happening)  

LETTER 1-

Dear Alexander, 

                           I am slow to anger, but I toe the line.  As I reckon with the effects of your life on mine.  I look back on where I failed, and in every placed I checked, the only common thread has been your disrespect.  Now you call me "amoral," A "dangerous disgrace," If you've got something to say name a time and place. Face to face. (My eyes widen) I have the honor to be, your Obedient Servant. 

                           A. Burr 

LETTER 2-

Mr. Vice President, 

                            I am not the reason no one trusts you.  No one knows what you believe.  I will not equivocate on my opinion. I have always worn it on my sleeve.  Even if I said what you think I said, you would need to cite a more specific grievance.  Here's an itemized list of thirty years of disagreements! (I roll my eyes) Now listen, I am not shy, I am just a guy in the public eye trying to do my best for our republic. I don't wanna fight, but I won't apologize for doing whats right! I have the honor to be, your Obedient Servant.

                           A. Ham

LETTER 3-

                          Careful how you proceed, good man.  Intemperate indeed good man.  Answers for the accusations. I lay at your feet or prepare to bleed, good man! (I was shocked at the way he wrote his letter)

LETTER 4- 

                           Burr, your grievance is legitimate.  I stand by what I said, every bit of it.  You stand only for yourself, it's what you do.  I can't apologize cause it's true! (I was also shocked how the way Alex wrote his letter) 

LETTER 5-

                          Then stand, Alexander. Weehawken.  Dawn.  Guns.  Drawn. (I covered my mouth as I almost dropped the paper)

                                A. Burr

 LETTER 6- 

                         You're on. 

                               A. Ham

END OF LETTERS 

"Oh no..." I whispered. "I got to stop them!" I whispered a little louder. My eyes darted over to a piece of paper has the spot written down where Alex and Burr would duel. I quickly grabbed it, and ran to my room. I got dressed into my revolution uniform so that it would be easier to move. I grabbed my gun and shot a glace at John sleeping before I ran out the door. I ran as fast as I could to the docks...but I was to late...the boat already left. 

"Damn it!" I yelled at myself. "Now how will I get there!" I then suddenly noticed a small life boat tied up beside me. I quickly untied it and paddled towards the other boat that Alex was on. It was probably illegal to take it...but at this point, I didn't care.  After a few hours, the boat stopped.  And Alex started to get off it along with Burr and a few other people. I was far behind though...and my arms were getting tired, so jumped out of the boat and began to swim to shore. Once there, my eyes widened to the scene of Burr and Alex in their stance. With their guns drawn. Then suddenly...Burr fires his gun while Alex points his at the sky. 

"NOOOOO!!! I screamed. I quickly ran over to Alex's side as he fell. 

"(Y-y/n)?..." Burr stuttered. 

"What the hell is wrong with you!!" I cried. "You just couldn't let this fucking go!" Alex groaned in pain as I held him with my arm around his shoulder. The doctor came over and quickly loaded him back on the boat. I sat next to Alex as hot tears flowed down my face. 

"A-Alex?" I whispered. "Can you hear me?" But he didn't move. I cried harder and harder as the doctor worked on Alex. 

"He's alive...for now...but I don't know how long. We will take him back to a professional hospital for help." The doctor told him. I nodded and and starred at Alex's lifeless body. 

***HOURS LATER***   

The room was only filled with the sound of screams and cries from the relatives of Alexander Hamilton. I sat at the foot of the bed where Alex's body laid. He has just died two minutes ago...

John held me close as I cried into his chest. 

"He can't be gone!" I screamed. 

"Shh...it's okay. He lived a good life..." John whispered. 

"Alex!" Eliza cried. Angelica hugged her sister tight as she continued to cry. I suddenly felt anger rush over me...and the tears stopped. 

Burr....this is all his fault...he did this! He will pay for what he's done...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NO!!!!!!!!!! THERE IS ONLY ONE MORE CHAPTER TO GO!!! *CRIES* IT LITERALLY FEELS LIKE MY LIFE IS ABOUT TO END! DX