Cabinet Meeting #2- Chapter 34

(Y/N)= YOUR NAME

(H/C)= HAIR COLOR

(E/C)= EYE COLOR

(A/N)= AUTHOR'S NOTE

(F/F)= FAVORITE FLOWER

(F/C)= FAVORITE COLOR

(I MAY ADD MORE TO THIS LIST LATER IF I NEED TO)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YOU/READER'S POV:

***A FEW WEEKS LATER***

It's been about a few weeks since the 1st cabinet meeting. And John and Alex have been working their asses off so they can win against Madison and Jefferson. I've grown to hate those two over the few weeks...their selfish, rude, and just straight up annoying. But hopefully this will be all over soon...and we can just get back to our normal lives. 

"Mom, come look at this!" shouted Philip as he raced in through the door. I picked up Jessica, who was playing with Philip's old baby toys on the floor, and walked over to Philip. 

"What is it, hon?" Eliza said as she poked her head out of the kitchen. 

"Grandpa's in the paper!" Philip said happily. (a/n, I'm slowly singing the song in my head now...)

"Really? Let me see." I said as I looked over his shoulder and down at the paper in his hand. He then began reading. "War hero Philip Schuyler loses Senate seat to..." Philip's voice suddenly lowered from happy to depressed as he read on. "Young upstart Aaron Burr..." 

"Mr. Schuyler just lost his place in the Senate because of Burr!" I was shocked. 

"I guess...that's how it goes sometimes..." Eliza sighed. 

"How could you be so calm about this!?" 

"Well, it's not like I can do anything about it..." She said as she turned back to the kitchen. 

"But still...why would Burr do something like that..." I mumbled. 

"Dad's gonna find out any minute..." Philip said as he placed the paper on the dinning table. 

"I'm sure he already knows..." I sighed. 

"Well, I guess we should still get to recolonize and now him a little bit better now...since he's our new Senator..." Eliza said from the kitchen. 

"Tch, this is ridiculous! I'm gonna go find Burr!" I yelled. 

"(Y/n)...it's best to just leave it alone." Eliza said. 

"No, I want answers! Here, watch Jessica for me." I said as I handed Eliza my baby. Before she could stop me, I stormed out of the house. I walked up and down the streets, hoping to spot Alex and Burr. And thankfully I did, within a crowd of people. I could see both their mouths moving, as if they were having an argument, but I couldn't hear what they were saying. I then walked over to them. 

"Burr, what the hell were you thinking!?" I shouted. They both stopped there conversation and looked towards me. 

"Ah, Mrs Laurens. It's a nice to see you." he bowed. 

"I wish I could say the same..." I growled as I stood next to Alex with my arms crossed. 

"Is something wrong?" he asked, as if it weren't obvious. 

"Yes, I wanna know why you ran against Philip Schuyler for Senate!" I shouted. 

"I didn't think you cared so much..." Alex said. 

"Of course I care. Mr. Schuyler was always a good man towards me, so now I will defend his honor." I told him as I looked back at Burr. 

"You see, the Schuyler seat was up for grabs so I took it." said Burr. 

"I've always considered you a friend..." I mumbled. 

"I don't see why that has to end..." Burr sighed. 

"You changed parties to run against my father-in-law!" Alex interrupted. 

"I changed parties to seize the opportunity I saw." 

"Burr, that still doesn't give a good explanation on why you did it! I've notice recently you've been going behind my back...as if you hate me or something. Is that the real reason why you did it?"

"Gosh Alexander I don't have time for this...I swear, you're pride will be the death of us all..." Burr mumbled. 

"WHAT!" shouted Alex. 

"Sorry, but I have to leave." Burr said as he walked away. 

"What ever happened to him being to kind?..." I asked myself.

"Pft, forget it...let's just go home..." Alex growled as we both walked back home. 

***ANOTHER WEEK LATER***  (a/n, I'M SORRY ABOUT ALL THE 'WEEK' SKIPS!!)

We are now at the second Cabinet meeting...and honestly I'm quite scared to see how it goes. As last time, Me and John sat in our seats as we listened to Washington speak. 

"Let's hope me and Alex's hard work paid off..." John mumbled I nodded slightly as I listened.

"The issue on the table, France is on the verge of war with England. Now do we provide troops to our French allies or we stay out of it? Remember, my decision on this matter is not subject to congressional approval. The only person to have convince, is me. Secretary Jefferson, you have the floor, sir!" After Washington finished speaking, Jefferson went on and on about crap until it was Alexander's turn, and thankfully the president liked Alex's convincing better than Jefferson's. 

"Yes! Alex has got this!" John cheered. I was pretty cheerful too, until I overheard Jefferson and Alex talk about Lafayette...Lafayette? Oh, that's right...Laf left about a month ago back to France. I hated to see him leave again, but France needed him. So it was for the best. Everyone left the meeting, and me and John went back home while Alex went with Mr. Washington for something... 

"So..what do you think?" John asked me as we walked the streets. 

"What do you mean?" I questioned. 

"About me and Alex's convincing." 

"Oh, right...Well I do like you're guy's plan a lot better than Jefferson's...but I do say that if it's only absolutely necessary, than we should send some troops over." I admitted. 

"I agree, if things do get really bad over there, then we should at least help out somehow." John sighed as he wrapped his right arm over my shoulders and held me close. 

"Can I be honest, John?" I mumbled. 

"Of course." 

"I'm scared to see what the future holds...with the war over at France, Burr getting back at Alex for whatever reason...and then of course the work you and Alex will have to do..." I sighed. 

"Hey, don't worry about all that stuff! You're only job is to take care of our baby, and maybe help out Eliza. Just let us handle the rest!" He smiled. 

"Are you sure? Cause I really want to be more of help..." 

"Trust me, you're already helping by cheering us on the whole way!" 

"Thanks John!" I chuckled. We finally made it back to the house. And as soon as we got home, I went straight to bed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SO I'M CHANGING MY SCHEDULE A LITTLE...INSTEAD OF THIS STORY HAVING A NEW CHAPTER MONDAY, SUNDAY, WEDNESDAY, AND FRIDAY...IT'S NOW JUT GONNA BE EVERY OTHER DAY. EXCEPT FOR SUNDAY'S...THAT DAY WILL BE MY BREAK DAY. SO HOPEFULLY YOU'RE FINE WITH THE NEW SCHEDULE, CAUSE I FIND THAT THIS WAY WORKS BETTER FOR ME. 

~BYE!~