The Election of 1800- Chapter 41

(Y/N)= YOUR NAME

(H/C)= HAIR COLOR

(E/C)= EYE COLOR

(A/N)= AUTHOR'S NOTE

(F/F)= FAVORITE FLOWER

(F/C)= FAVORITE COLOR

(I MAY ADD MORE TO THIS LIST LATER IF I NEED TO)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JEFFERSON'S POV:

I starred out the window in discuses as I watched the people of New York excitedly walk the streets as they await for the election of 1800. I on the other hand didn't need to be happy about it. I already knew I was going to win. No doubt about it.  

"Can't believe I'm now facing Aaron Burr!" I said while mimicking Burr's name. 

"He's very attractive in the North, and New Yorkers like his chances." Madison stated as he was playing chest. 

"He's not very forthcoming on any particular stances." I said as I sat down in the chair across from Madison. 

"I would be careful ya'know..." Madison glared. 

"What do you mean?" I asked. 

"The people of New York see Burr as a less extreme than you." He said while placing a chest piece in front of me. "You need to change course, a key endorsement might redeem you." 

"Ha! Who did you have in mind?..." I laughed while rolling my eyes

"Don't Laugh..." Madison scolded. 

"Who is it?" I asked more seriously. 

"You used to work on the same staff...ring a bell?" He said as he got up and leaned on my chair.  I sat frozen as it clicked in my mind. 

"Are you serious..." I mumbled. 

"I'm just saying, it might be nice to have Hamilton on your side..." He smirked. 

"Maybe..." I mumbled while scratching my chin. 

"You may even be able to get that girl on your side as well!" Madison said closer into my ear. 

"Girl?" 

"Yes, the girl you said you liked so much." 

"Ah yes, her...she is mighty pretty!" I said as I leaned back in my chair. "But..she's with someone...God, what was his name? Ah, it was John Laurens..." 

"But when she see's how great you are after becoming president, she'll definitely want to be yours..." Madison smirked again. I smiled at the lovely thought in my head. 

"I like you're thinking, Madison..." 

***BACK WITH THE HAMILTON'S AND LAUREN'S***

 Me and Alex walked the happy streets of New York as we were on our way to the election. I looked over to see Alexander looking his papers over and over again to make sure he had everything in order. 

"Don't worry, Alex..." I said while placing a gentle hand on his shoulder. 

"It's not that.." he mumbled. "It's all these people...their pressuring me about the damn election...." I didn't even notice the crowd of people following us...asking all kinds of questions. 

"Mrs. Laurens! Who will you be voting for!?" Asked a women. 

"What about you, Mr. Hamilton?!" Shouted a man. I growled as the people continued to ask questions