Good Bye Mr. Washington- Chapter 35

(Y/N)= YOUR NAME

(H/C)= HAIR COLOR

(E/C)= EYE COLOR

(A/N)= AUTHOR'S NOTE

(F/F)= FAVORITE FLOWER

(F/C)= FAVORITE COLOR

(I MAY ADD MORE TO THIS LIST LATER IF I NEED TO)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YOU/READER'S POV:

I was downstairs, helping Eliza with the dishes, until John came running down the steps. 

"(Y/N)!" he yelled. 

"Yes, John? Is everything alright?" I said as I finished washing my last dish. I placed the dirty rag down and walked over to him. 

"Thomas Jefferson resigned this morning!" he said happily. 

"Is that a good or bad thing?" I questioned. 

"Good, obviously!" he shouted.

"I dunno John...why is he resigning all a sudden?" I mumbled.

"Pfft, cause he's a chicken..." John said as he crossed his arms. 

"I wonder if that's why Alexander left this morning..." Eliza said from behind me. 

"What do you mean?" asked John. 

"He told me Mr. Washington had some news to share...i'm assuming it's about Mr. Jefferson resigning. Suddenly, Alex busted in through the front door. 

"Guys, you'll never believe it!" He shouted. 

"That Jefferson resigned?" John asked. 

"Yes, but do you know why he did!?" We all shook our heads no. "So he can run for President!

"Pfft, like he'll win against George Washington." I mumbled. \

"I said the same thing but..." 

"But what?" questioned Eliza. 

"Mr. Washington isn't running for President..." Alex sighed. I swear my jaw hit the floor when those words flew from his mouth. 

"W-what..." I stuttered. 

"No way..." John sadly mumbled. 

"Why all a sudden when Britain and France are on the verge of war!" Eliza yelled. 

"He just...wants to move on..." Alex sighed. There suddenly was a knock at the door. 

"I'll get it..." Eliza sighed depressingly. She walked over and opened the front door. "M-Mr. President! What are you doing here!?" 

"Hello Mr. Hamilton. Sorry to bother you like this, but is Mr and Mrs. Laurens home?" He asked. 

"Y-yes they are, please come in!" Eliza said kindly. 

"Thank you." he said back. Me, John, and Alex quickly ran over to him. 

"Mr. Washington...we were just talking about you leaving..." I sighed. 

"Yes, I'm sorry to disappoint you...but I must so the nation can learn to move on." 

"But, sir...this nation needs you!" John said. 

"I'm sure whoever becomes President next, will do just as well as I did. But, that aside, I wanted to talk to you two before I left...especially you, (Y/n)..." Washington said. 

"Yes, Sir?" I asked. 

"I want to personally thank you both for you're service in the war. And because of you two, many African America's got freedom..." 

"It was an honor to fight by you're side..." John bowed. 

"Yes, it defiantly was. And (Y/n), as for being the first women to have ever served, and survive in the war...I want to give you this!" George Washington walked up to me and placed a shinny golden meddle in my hands. It had a blue strap, and was in graved with a women on a horse, while holding the American flag. On the back had my full name, and the date that I joined. 

"T-thank you, sir! This means a lot to me! It also was an honor to fight by you're side." I bowed as I held the meddle tightly in my hands. 

"Yes, again I thank you for all you've done. But I must be going now, I only hope the best for you all in the future." He said.  

"Thank you, Mr. Washington..." Eliza bowed. He nodded and walked out. I wanted to say much more to him before he left...but the fact that he's leaving for good just stunned me. 

"It's a shame..." Alex mumbled. I didn't say anything...I just walked up the steps to go take care of Jessica. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SORRY THIS WAS SHORT...I'M TRYING TO MAKE CHAPTER'S BASED UPON THE SONGS THAT GO IN ORDER...SO YEAH...I'LL TRY TO COMBINE TWO SONGS TOGETHER IN THE NEXT CHAPTER SO IT'S A LITTLE LONGER. 

~BYE!~