We Know...- Chapter 37

(Y/N)= YOUR NAME

(H/C)= HAIR COLOR

(E/C)= EYE COLOR

(A/N)= AUTHOR'S NOTE

(F/F)= FAVORITE FLOWER

(F/C)= FAVORITE COLOR

(I MAY ADD MORE TO THIS LIST LATER IF I NEED TO)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ALEXANDER'S POV:

***YESTERDAY, JUST AFTER THE ADAM'S ADMINISTRATION***

I just finished my meeting with those three assholes, and now I needed to head to my office before I went home. I had some paperwork I needed to fill out. But just my luck...those assholes payed me a visit. 

"Mr. Vice President?...Mr. Madison?...Senator Bur..." I said as I growled the last name. "What's going on?" I watched as they walked in my office and closed the door. 

"We have the cheeks studs from separate accounts.." Jefferson started. 

"Almost a thousand dollars, paid in different amounts..." Madison said with a cheeky grin. 

"To a Mr. James Reynolds way back in 1791..." Burr stated. 

"Oh really? Are you done yet?" I said as I tried my best to get them to leave, before I spill my secret. 

"No way..." Burr smirked. 

"You are uniquely situated by virtue of your position." Madison said. 

"I wouldn't say 'virtue' is a word I would apply to this situation..." Jefferson said towards Madison. Madison ignored his unnecessary comment, and continued. 

"To seek financial gain, to stray from your scared mission..." 

"And the evidence suggests you've engaged in speculation!" Jefferson added on. 

"Including, an immigrant like yourself...embezzling out government funds!" Burr said while scolding me. 

"I can almost taste the smell of your career ending..." Jefferson grinned. 

"I hope you saved some money for you're daughter and son, I suggest you run back from where you came from!" Burr laughed. 

"Pfft, you don't even know what you're asking me to confess..." I chuckled as I crossed my arms over my chest, and leaned up against the wall. "You have nothing, and I don't have to say anything as all! Unless..." I said while mumbling the last part. "If I can prove that I never broke the law, do you promise not to tell another soul what you saw?!" 

"No one else was in the room where it happened..." Burr sang. I eyed him weirdly. 

"Is that a yes?" I questioned. 

"Um...Yes!" they all said in harmony. I sighed and reached down over to my desk drawer, and pulled out a piece of paper that was folded neatly. I handed to Burr, and he opened it slowly and began to read it aloud. 

"Dear Sir, I hope this letter finds you in good health, and in a prosperous enough position to put wealth. In the pockets of people like me, down on their luck. You see, that was my wife you decided to-" 

"WHAAAAT!?!?" Jefferson screamed as he read the last word over Burr's shoulder. I figured I should explain...

"Mrs. Reynolds, she courted me...escorted me to bed. And when she had me in a corner, that's when Mr. Reynolds extorted me. For a sordid fee, I paid him quarterly. I may have mortally wounded my prospects, but my papers are orderly!" I yelled as my anger grew. I stopped and noticed the three of them look at each other in shock. "As you can see.." I continued as I pulled a pile of papers up from under my desk. "I kept a record of every check in my checkered history. Go ahead, check it again against your list and see consistency, I never spent a cent that wasn't mine...you sent the dogs after my sent?...well...then that's fine!" I yelled loudly, noticing I got a little ahead over myself. 

"Yes, I have reasons for shame...but I have not committed treason and sullied my good name. As you can see, I have nothing to provoke legal action. Are my answers to your satisfaction?" I stopped and looked at all there winded eyes as they stood there dumbfounded for a moment. 

"My God..." Jefferson grumbled. 

"Gentlemen, let's go..." Madison sighed as they headed for the door. 

"Well?" I said, hoping for a better reaction. 

"The people won't know, what we know." Madison and Jefferson both said. 

"Burr! How do I know you won't use this against me the next time we go toe, to toe?" 

"Alexander, rumors only grow...and we both know what we know." he smirked as he finally left. I sighed as sat down at my desk. I was ashamed for what I've done, but as long as know one finds out, then i'm safe. 

But at that moment...I realized that through every bad situation, I wrote my way out...especially when I was 17, and that hurricane hit my town. I stood up from my chair and began to list out everything that I've accomplished by writing. 

"I wrote my way to the revolution, I wrote Eliza love letters until she fell, I wrote The Constitution and defended it well, I even wrote financial systems into existence!" I shouted loudly to myself. I covered my face with my hands as I sat back down. I slowly lowered them, and spoke once more. 

"I'll write my way out...write everything down, far as I can see. I'll write my way out...and overwhelm them with honestly! This is the only way I can protect my legacy!!" With that, I pulled out my quill, ink, and several pieces of paper. I dipped my quill in ink, and on the top of the page I wrote in big letters....The Reynolds Pamphlet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

I'M EXCITED FOR THE NEXT FEW CHAPTERS TO COME! I REALLY HOPE YOU ALL ARE LIKING THEM!! HAVE A GOOD DAY!

~BYE!~