It's Quiet Uptown- Chapter 40

YAY I'M FINALLY BACK!!! FOR THE THIRD TIME I AM REALLY SORRY FOR BEING GONE. I GUESS SCHOOL AND OTHER THINGS JUST GOT TO ME...ONE THING BEFORE I CONTINUE WITH THE STORY IS THERE WILL BE ANOTHER A/N (authors note) LATER TODAY. SO STAY TUNED FOR THAT. ANYWAY, ENJOY!

(Y/N)= YOUR NAME

(H/C)= HAIR COLOR

(E/C)= EYE COLOR

(A/N)= AUTHOR'S NOTE

(F/F)= FAVORITE FLOWER

(F/C)= FAVORITE COLOR

(I MAY ADD MORE TO THIS LIST LATER IF I NEED TO)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A FEW DAYS LATER

YOU/READER'S POV:  

"I can't believe it....Philip is really gone..." I mumbled to myself. I held my knees close to my chest as I hid in my bedroom. I locked the door so no one would see me like this.  I felt hot tears roll down my face. The little boy that I used to care for was actually dead...

"Dammit Philip...why didn't you just listen to me!" I yelled as I frantically wiped the tears from my face. Suddenly, a knock could be heard from the door. 

"Dear?...it's me...can I come in, please?" John said from the other side. I stood up from the floor and slowly made my way to the doorknob. I quickly opened it and turned away so John wouldn't see my red, puffy face. "Y/n..." he sighed as he walked in and closed the door. 

"What is it..." I cried/mumbled. 

"I know this is very hard...for all of us...but I wanted to tell you that we will all be moving soon." He said as he sat on the bed. 

"We're moving?" I questioned as I whipped my head around at him. 

"Yes..." He nodded. "Angelica thinks it's best for us and the kids. Everyone in this town absolutely hates Alexander, so to keep us safe, its what we must do." I nodded slightly as I looked down at the floor. "Come here..." John smiled weakly. I walked over and crawled on the bed. He held me tight as I laid my head on his chest. Hearing his settle heart beat calmed me down. 

"Where are we moving to?..."I asked. 

"Angelica said she found a nice home uptown that's big enough for all of us. She said its also very quiet around the area there, so I think that would be nice for a change." He said as he ran his hand through my (h/c) hair. "Also, she said we need to be done with packing by the end of the week, so we should get started soon." I nodded as I picked my head up off his chest. 

"John..." I mumbled. 

"Hm?" he hummed. 

"Thank you for being with me through all of this...it means a lot to me to have you by my side." I weakly smiled as I grabbed his hand. He smiled and kissed my forehead. "To think...I started off as a red coat...now look at me now.." I whispered as I brushed my finger over his hand. 

"You knew you were a blue coat all along..." John smiled. I nodded and laid back on his chest.  

A FEW HOURS LATER

I walked Into Jessica's room, to see Eliza holding her. I was shocked, but continued to walk in. 

"Hey, Eliza." I said. 

"Oh...Hey (Y/n). Sorry, I was just coming in here to drop off a few things of Philip's when he was a baby, and Jessica seemed to be a little fussy so I'm trying to calm her down." She sighed sadly. 

"Aw, well I appreciate it!" I thanked her as my eyes darted to the box she brought in of Philip's old stuff. I keeled down and began to lightly look through it. One toy got my attention, as it was a stuffed bear I remember seeing Philip play with. I smiled warmly at it as I gently put it back in the box. 

"Did John tell you we are moving?" She asked. I nodded. 

"Yeah, I've been packing a little. Hey, does Alex know?" I questioned. It seemed like I could almost see the fire in Eliza's eyes from mentioning that name. 

"Y-yes...I've been hearing the sound of things being moved in his study...so I assume he's packing..." She mumbled. I nodded, and she placed Jessica down in her cot. "Well..um..I'll just go pack as well..." 

"Ok..." Is all I managed to say as she walked out. I sighed and began to gather some of Jessica's things. 

A WEEK LATER

"Are you ready to go, dear?" John said as he put on his coat. 

"Yes, just let me grab my bags." I said as I picked up my red bag and a black luggage case. The rest of my things were in boxes that were loaded up on the carriage. Everyone else was waiting for us outside. I took one last long look at the empty house before closing the door for good. Me and John hopped in the crowded carriage as it began to ride off. I noticed Alex and Eliza were sitting next to each other...but Eliza didn't look to happy about it. Lately Alex has been trying to get Eliza to trust him again...but I don't think shes ready yet. I snuggled up to John and held Jessica in my arms. She was getting to the point where she would be able to walk soon. 

After 3 days, we finally made it to our new home. And Angelica was right...it was definitely big. We all began choosing our rooms and unpacking. Within a day, we were all done.

"Man...I'm beat." John said as he plopped on the couch. I giggled and sat next to him. 

"Hey, have you see Eliza and Alex?" I asked. 

"Yeah, they went on a walk." John said. 

"This late at night?" 

"Yeah, honestly I don't mind. It's good that there finally doing something together." He sighed. 

"That's true." I said with my eyes closed as I leaned on his shoulder. Suddenly the backdoor swung open, and there stood Alex and Eliza...hand in hand. They looked like they just got done crying together. But they both had happy smiles on their faces. 

"Hey...you two alright?" John questioned. 

"Everything is perfect." Eliza mumbled as she looked up at Alex. 

"Are you two...together again?" I asked. Alex nodded and I jumped up with joy. "Yay! I'm so happy for you two!" I cheered. 

"Thank you!" Eliza giggled. 

"Listen, John and (Y/n)..." Alex mumbled while he scratched the back of his neck. "I want to apologize for my sudden actions lately...it's not fair for you both to be surrounded by all this nonsense." 

"Hey, you don't need to apologize dude. All that matters is that your happy again!" John said. 

"Yeah, Alex. Don't be so hard on yourself!" I said as I playfully punched him in the arm. He laughed as he rubbed it.

"Well, we should all get some rest...it's pretty late." Eliza said. I nodded in agreement. Alex took Eliza upstairs while me and John did the same. I changed into my pj's and hopped into bed. I snuggled up to John and he wrapped his arm around me. 

"Good night, John." 

"Good night, (Y/n)."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

YIPE! FINALLY A CHAPTER AFTER ALL THIS TIME!!!!!! THANK YOU GUYS FOR BEING PATIENT WITH ME AFTER ALL THIS TIME OF ME BEING GONE! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!

~BYE!~